Chapter 1

~Not Edited~

Chapter 1: 

(Toni's Pov)

I sat at my office chair looking at the picture on my desk of the both of us, i reached for the picture and slammed it down on the floor, standing up from my chair running a hand through my hair. She left me to marry him, the person i ever loved got married to my enemy, i heard a soft knock on the door then the door opened to see my secretary Layla standing there looking at me then the picture that was shattered in pieces. 

She swallowed loudly then entered the room shutting the door behind her. "Ar-are you okay?" She asked nervously, not looking at me but looking at the picture. 

I nodded and sat down on the couch in my office. "I'm fine." I said in a low tone, she looked away from the picture and looked at me, letting my eyes meet her dark brown ones. 

She bit her lip and played with the files in her hand, she slowly walked towards me. "Mr. Morocco told you to sign these papers." She set the files down on the table. "And also don't forget the meeting is at three o'clock." She walked in the pile of shattered glass and stopped when she realized she was stepping in it. 

"Be careful." I muttered, she turned around and nodded, then walked away from the shattered glass and walked towards the door, opening it leaving me alone, i let out a huge breath and opened one of the files reading them before signing them. 

(Layla's Pov)

As i walked towards Toni's office with the files in my hand, i heard glass shattering which made me jump, should i go? What if he got hurt? I bit my lip and knocked on the door then opening the door to see Toni standing there with a angry expression, he met my gaze but i broke it by looking at the floor to see a frame on the ground and shattered glass. 

I swallowed loudly before entering the room and shut the door behind me. "Ar-are you okay?" I asked nervously, looking at the shattered glass. 

I heard him sit down on the leather chair in his office. "I'm fine." I heard him say lowly, I looked away from the shattered glass and at him to see hurt in his eyes as our eyes met. 

I bit my lip and played with the files in my hand, right i need to give these to him, i slowly walked towards him. "Mr. Morocco told you to sign these papers." I set the files on the table in front of him. "And also don't forget the meeting is at three o'clock." I turned around and walked away but when i walked towards the door, i felt something crunch under my pumps i stopped walking and looked down to see myself walking in a pile of shattered glass. 

"Be careful." I heard his husky deep voice say causing me to get goosebumps on body and butterflies in my stomach. 

I turned around and nodded at him then walked towards the door, i opened the door and walked out shutting the door behind me leaving him alone, i closed my eyes and put my hand on my neck. "Oh god." I mumbled as i walked towards my office, once i entered i shut the door behind me. 

Since i came here which was a year ago, i have never seen Toni smile or laugh, because of her. His sister Loren explained it to me how the person he loved left him and married another man, why would she break his heart like that? She made him have a cold heart and have trust issues. 

I sighed and sat down on my chair and opened my laptop doing some work, i tucked a piece of my black hair behind my ear, i sighed and typed away on my computer, as i was the office phone rang, i ran a hand through my hair and reached for it then answered it. "Hello, this is Mahfud company how may i help you?" I answered. 

I heard the person on the other line chuckle. "Mahfud company huh?" Okay who is this guy? 

"Yes, Who is this?" I asked feeling quiet annoyed. The guys laughed making me sigh. "If your not calling for anything important i will be ending this call." I gave him one more chance but all he was doing was laughing.