More investigating

Benny had taken the group to the movie theater where there were some Goofy cartoons showing. Many children in the audience laughed. Vanessa reluctantly watched the cartoons, Roger and Mickey were laughing so hard they were throwing popcorn and spilling soda almost everywhere. To hide away from the many people, they hid in the balcony.

"Boy, did you see that?" Roger asked Eddie in between laughs who was just as stoic as ever. "Nobody takes a wallop like Goofy! What timing, what finesse, what a genius!" Mickey added

Eddie yanked Roger and Mickey by their ears once again. "We're supposed to be hidin'. What's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with YOU?" Roger and Mickey glared at Eddie. "you and Vanessa are the only people in this theater that aren't laughing! Is there nothing that can permeate your impervious puss?" Roger said

Eddie flinched and wiped the spit from Roger's speech.

"Hey, Eddie!" Mickey made a goofy face, but snapped back quickly. "Boy, nothin'. What could have possibly happened to you that turned you into such a sourpuss?" Roger commented

Vanessa then moved away a couple of seats while Eddie told Roger and Mickey the story of what happened to Teddy Valiant, not long after they both broke down crying and cuddling each other.

"I never did find out who that guy was," Eddie mentioned the Toon. "I'll never forget this though. He was standing over me, laughin', with those burnin' red eyes, and that high, squeaky voice. He disappeared into Toon Town after that."

"No wonder you hate us," Roger bawled. "If a Toon killed my brother, I'd hate me too..."

"Come on, don't cry, I don't hate you guys." Eddie tried to calm him down.

"Yes you do." Mickey said

"No, I don't."

"You do hate us. Otherwise you wouldn't have yanked our ears all those times." Roger added with Mickey nodding

"Alright, I-I'm sorry I yanked both yours and mickeys ears."

"All the times you yanked our ears?" Mickey turned to him, fluttering his eyes.

"All the times I yanked yours and Rogers ears." Eddie clarified.

"Apology accepted!" They said then they held out a hand each. "Put 'em there, pal, we feel better al-" they shook Eddie's hands, vigorously, they then turned as the movie screen went black. "Oh, boy! I hope it's another cartoon!"

But it wasn't, it was a news break.

"Jeepers, another stupid newsreel," Roger was gratefully disappointed. "I hate the news...' Mickey added

Dolores came in, looking like she was dressed up to go away for a little while and sat right next to Eddie.

"Did you get all my stuff?" Eddie asked.

"Yes, it's all packed up in the car outside." Dolores whispered. "Would have been here right after you called, but I had to shake the weasels."

"Hey, why don't you go get some candy or something?" Eddie rushed Vanessa out with some money.

Vanessa shrugged leaving the room to give them some privacy.

Roger and Mickey came out to see her as she ordered food " yeah I'll have one large popcorn with extra butter, and a packet of cookie dough bites" Vanessa said to the candy bar guy who promptly handed her the items just as she saw Eddie was on his way out, he explained there was a part of the news mention Maroon Cartoon Studios apparently Maroon had sealed a deal for Cloverleaf and seemed to have been the highest bidder Dolores told them about earlier.