The Days of Harley

It was a cold dark morning in Gotham and Harleen was going to work at the Asylum, Arkham. She had lately been feeling more and more like she wanted to break free of this horrible cycle her life had been going in since she had started working there. Her bos was this absolute horrible old woman with green eyes that shone like emeralds and tinted white skin.

" Harleen!" The sound of that voice broke Harleen from her daily daydreaming about her latest patient, The Joker.

" Yes Ma'am?"

" I told you to start your session with that stupid physico an hour ago!" THis made Harleen furious! No one called her Joker a stupid physico! But if she wanted to see him she had to keep quiet and let Mrs. Hedra win this battle. SO she was quiet and just walked off into her metal room, this was where she and her patients had their little discussions about why, who, and how they ended up there.

" MA'MA! We have a Mister J here for you now." She saw the shape of his muscular shadow walking through the door and into the room, even the sight of him made her face turn the slightest shade of scarlet. That thick green hair slicked back and the tattoos, oh all of the many many tattoos. Her particular favorite was the cards that were creeping their way up his neck, these were the ones that gave her the shivers every time she saw them, unfortunately the straight jacket that her love was forced to wear, covered them all except the ones on his face. The star on his right temple, the damaged on his forehead, and the J wight below his eye.

" Good after noon Mr. Joker. Today..." She was interrupted mid sentence by a low purr coming from the Jokers lower throat. " Uhm, I'm sorry what were you going to say Mr.J?"

" Nothing, just your voice it... it's amazing I just love it." His voice seemed to draw on forever. But she didn't care this just meant that she could listen to him more and more.

" Mr.J." Her face was turning scarlet with embarrassment from being called amazing from one of her favorite clients. She let a low scoff escape her lips allowing the Joker to see what she was thinking about this.

" What do you have there doctorrr?" The last sound that escaped his lips was dragged out in a slow and raspy voice.

" I've got you a kitty." She pulled out a small brown and white stuffed kitty from her right jacket pocket allowing the Joker to see it.

"How thoughtful." He was clearly entertained that she had thought of him enough to buy him a kitty on his birthday. She loved him but she clearly didn't know it yet. All she needed was a little push over the edge, he thought that she would be another physicatrist to chew up and spit out just like all of the others that he had toyed with. But she was different, she actually loved him but she didn't know it yet, all she needed was that one push, and he was willing to give her that push.