"I'm Martin, I'm new." He smiled, he fixed his glasses nervously.

"Sorry, hi." I said regaining my thoughts.

"W-would you like to dance?" He offered me his hand.

"It'd be my pleasure." I smiled sweetly as I placed my hand in the nerdy boys hand.

He took me onto the floor, an upbeat song played as he swirled me around the floor.

I smiled widely as I giggled, enjoying my time with this boy who didn't have any expectations of the night.

He spun me around and my eyes landed on Louie, dancing closely with Maggie.

I was spun back towards Martin, my wide smile fading.

Because even though I was happy for Louie, I missed him.

Once the song ended, Martin was asked by a different girl to dance, so I backed away as the music was starting to slow down.

I sighed, happy for Martin as he danced with a girl, he looked like he really liked the girl.

"Sunshine." I heard someone speak and I turned to see Louie with an adoring smile.

"Zamperini. Don't you look dapper." I smiled up at the boy.

"And you look breathtaking." He spoke breathlessly.

"Care to dance, madam?" He said bowing, I smiled shyly.

I curtsied before giggling softly, "Come on, beautiful, let's go." He said taking my hand into his.

My heartbeat was so loud I swear he could hear it, we went onto the middle of the floor.

His hands sat comfortably on my waist as I lightly put my hands behind his neck.

"You really do look beautiful." He smiled down at me.

"Thank you, Louie." I spoke as I looked down.

"Who's the boy I have to beat up to have you as my date?" He said slightly biting his lip.

"Ha-ha. Didn't you come with Maggie?" I asked.

He sighed before lightly shrugging, "I guess it was a given since she's head cheerleader.." "And you're the popular jock." I smirked, because it reminded me of freshman year.

"Something like that. But, I'm glad you came." He said and I chuckled lightly, our bodies close together now.

"Why's that?" I said lightly tilting my head as I faced him, I felt my long hair tickle my back.

"Because I like you, Deja Thoris." He said as he smiled sweetly, "Why me?" I whispered.

"Because, you saw me when I was invisible." He lightly ran his thumb under my eye.

I looked up at him.

He lightly pressed his forehead against mine, our noses brushing together as we swayed gently.

I felt his warm breath tickle my lips, he started to tease me, almost kissing me.

I smiled as he shared the gesture.

But once our lips came together, all the games were set aside.

Our magical moment was interrupted by someone pulling on Louie, we slowly broke apart to see Maggie sitting there with her arms folded over her chest.

"Louie, are you ready to go?" She asked impatiently.

"Uh, I guess?" He said as more of a question as he looked over at me.

I put my fingers over my lips as I processed what had just happened.

He was pulled away from me quickly, a smile playing on his lips as he walked backwards.

I covered my face before giggling like a schoolgirl.

I didn't stay for very long before Dani and her beau offered to walk me home, which I happily accepted.

I walked with a skip in my step as we walked across the field- a shortcut.

"Who is that?" Danielle's boyfriend said staring at the bleachers, "What are you talking about?" Dani scoffed as we tried to see what he was seeing.

"Damn- that's Zamperini and Maggie Mae." He laughed when I found two figures under the bleachers, making out.

"Go, Zamp, go." He shouted loudly, drawing their attention to us as they broke apart.

I couldn't see much as Louie looked over at us, but I could see him looking at me.

I looked away quickly, my mood changing just as quick.

Dani slapped her boyfriends chest, telling him to shut up before she asked if I was okay.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Just tired." I used the oldest excuse in the book.

A/N Jack - the pretty boy