Chapter 4: The Family Meets the Friends

"Elora? Elora! Come on, wake up please" Spyro said worriedly as he carried Elora away from Cortex's castle. She groaned from under him but didn't regain consciousness. Spyro continued to fly through the dark, guided only by dim moonlight and Sparx's golden glow. Unsure of where he was or where to go, Spyro contemplated what his next move should be.

"What the hell is going on?" Those three that attacked me, I've never seen anything like them before. Bipedal, like most of the creatures from Avalar, but at the same time very different. They must have brought me and Elora from Autumn Plains to wherever I am now. How they brought us here must have involved that strange bubble which formed around Ripto and I before we both appeared inside that strange man's... lair, the leader of that group I suppose. But him bringing me to wherever here is doesn't make any sense; I've never seen or heard of him before in my life, why would he abduct me? What was it he said to me before I fled: "Linked with the most pivotal moment in a forgotten history, and now here you are, in front of me." What did he mean by that?

Agh... I can't worry about it right now. I need to help Elora as quickly as possible for something is seriously wrong with her. She was barely breathing and couldn't regain consciousness. What did Ripto do to her? It's a guarantee that those three from the castle will pursue us, and even though I'm sure they are no match for me, Elora isn't in any condition to defend herself. So I need to put as much distance as I can from them and ensure that she is alright. But there's nothing here except water. And I can't go back to that island. As Spyro continued however, he could make out two more islands in the distance. Good, I can land there and rest, carrying Elora around is tiring me out quickly.

As he came closer to his destination, Spyro noticed that the island further away had a small column of smoke rising from the surface. Fire... which could mean that island is inhabited. It was very possible that whoever was there was in league with those who brought me to these strange islands, so I should most likely avoid them. However, I can't just fly around and do nothing. I need to learn where I, who those three are that abducted me, and how to get back to my home. And I will be more than capable of dealing with any dangers on that island and maybe even figure out a thing or two about my current situation. But again, my main priority should be to protect and revive Elora. Ugh, I don't know what to do! Elora isn't responding and her breathing is becoming shallower; I'm not even sure how to begin helping her. Spyro decided to gamble and investigate the fire; maybe his luck would improve enough to save Elora's life. He couldn't lose her.

----

"Crash, please come inside? It's getting late... you've been depressed for the past three days, and staring into the ocean isn't going to help you. Maybe we can talk about it. I'm worried about you, that's all."

"Eeyii m... ff-I- ne."

Coco came outside with a lantern and sat down next to her brother. "Crash, you've always been a terrible liar. Please, talk to me.

"K- an't"

"Well try. And if you won't - I'll have to start guessing - because I'm here for you big brother. And I only want to help." Coco placed her hand on Crash's shoulder, and Crash looked at her solemnly.

"Ee.. it's [coughs twice] nu- t i n."

Coco closed her eyes to conceal a sudden onset of tears and simultaneous grabbed her brothers hand. "It's, Tawna isn't it? [Sighs depressedly] I'm so sorry Crash. I don't know how you do it, carry on without her, even after... how she died. She meant so much to you, and now she's gone. You mean the world to me Crash, as equally so as Tawna meant to you. And If I ever lost you as you have lost her, then I wouldn't know what to do. I'm not sure I could live with the pain in my heart that you must bear every day. But be strong brother, because I need you to be. We have a long road together you and I, and it would mean the world to me if we could travel that road together."