Chapter 23

When Umar and Umaiza joined the others, the get together was already coming to an end.

Jamal, Nathaniel, and Joy Reynolds were all set to leave. Nadira and Katie also had to go back home to enjoy the rest of the Saturday.

Umar and Umaiza accompanied their friends to the garage where the cars of Nadira and Jamal were parked.
Joy and Nathaniel came in Jamal's 2017 black KIA Soreto SUV and Nadira's car is a red Hyundai jeep, 2016 model.

"I'll miss you dear." Umaiza pecked Nadira on her left cheek. "Katie! Take care!" She grinned at Katie who was already seated in the Jeep.

"Don't cry okay! I'll see you soon In Sha Allah." Nadira teased as she walked around the car to open the door and settle in the driver's seat.

"Bye Nadira! Bye Katie!" Joy waved from Jamal's car that was just beside Nadira's own.

Jamal couldn't help but smile at Katie when she waved back at Joy. Nathaniel laughed out loud as he watched the drama.

Umar thanked them for coming then the two cars drove out of the compound with Jamal's own taking the lead.

***********

"You! When will you finally ask her the big question?" Umaiza jumped on Umar's huge back once they got back into the apartment.

"When the time is right." He raised her high from behind then lifted her up and finally dropped her on one of the couches.

"Umar, you should've asked before the get together ended!"
She protested by folding her arms and running to his path, stopping from escaping into his bedroom.

"I haven't prayed about it very well." His eyes looked happy and shy at the same time.

Umaiza scowled, whispered some words to herself then flapped her arms. "Sheesh, I've never seen you so lovey dovey looking, do ask her early brother!"

"Well, relax, I will ask her but I need to plan the whole thing, perhaps i will ask her in front of her parents so she knows i mean business."

Umaiza raised a brow. "Pray and act fast, I'm sure many guys are thirsty for her, so you have to be swift, plus try to be romantic about the proposal, the idea of asking in her family's presence is brilliant! Just let me know when you're ready and stay positive!"

Umar and Umaiza planned the proposal and even selected a date to fire on, which is a week away, making it the coming Saturday.
Umar's fears are Nadira may not be ready, so he asked his sister to stylishly find out if her eye-hooking friend is ready for marriage.

Umaiza assured Umar that he has made a good choice because Nadira is a good cook, patient person, caring and hardly gets angry but can be over protective and too sensitive but Umar laughed saying he likes sensitive people.

When it comes to spirituality too, Nadira is trying as she is almost done with Quran memorization, and it reflects on her character and charisma.

.~*~. .~*~. .~*~.

Katie laughed as Nadira teased her about Jamal.
"Come on, he can't be serious, he was only trying to get me to be lively because he noticed I was quiet most of the time."

Katie glowed.
Her eyes glistened.

"How about you? Do you like him? What if he wants to marry you or something, will you agree?"

Nadira moved closer to Katie and smiled so wide that poor Katie grew red with embarrassment.

"Nadira! Marriage? Come on! I just met him!" She threw a pillow from her bed and slapped Nadira with it.

"Yes, marriage!" Nadira retaliated by wrapping Katie up in the big purple duvet, and tickled her all over, this elicited loud giggles from Katie.

"No, stop tickling me!" She protests then the two end up in a pillow and duvet battle, messing up the bed spread.

When they were tired, they lay flat on their backs and stretched their legs to the wall, heavy panting made speech difficult for the two, so there was silence in the air for a while, but naughty Katie still spoke.

"Nadira, even if -" she exhales for some minutes. "Even if I and Jamal like each other and consider getting married, our religions are different, Dad, being a pastor won't let me marry a Muslim."
Nadira laughed. "If you and Jamal are destined to be together, big things will happen." She got up from the bed then stretched her limbs.

"Things like what?" Katie grimaced, still on the bed but facing Nadira now, as she lay on her tommy.

"One. You'll be a Muslim after marriage, or Two. Still be a Christian, like in my mother's case... Its not going to be easy marrying someone from a different religious background."

Katie thought for a while. "Islam is a beautiful religion anyway." She tangled part of her hair with her fingers. "Jamal seems like a good guy and...'' She sighed and rubbed her face with her palms. "God knows best."

Nadira nodded, ''God knows best." Then brushed her hair and made it into a bun.

There was awkward silence then Katie jumped down from bed, and wore the most serious face in the world.

"Nadira, who do you like?"

Nadira rolled her eyes and gave an annoying answer. "I like everybody."

Katie frowned, kept asking and pestering her but Nadira wouldn't say.

"Is it Umar?" Katie asked, she doesn't give up.

"Umar Nasr?"
Nadira smiled. "Okay, I'll tell you.''

She took a deep breath then began. "Umar is handsome, charming, spiritually inclined, hardworking, any woman will fall in love with him... I like him, but I don't like him extraordinarily, like if he were to propose, I can't say yes...he probably is in love with another anyway." She smiled.

"Wow,I think you too will be cute together though."

"Nah, my heart is for another..."

Katie grew curious. "For who? Tell me!"

Oops!
Who is Nadira's heart for?
What will Umar do now?
Swipe to find out...