"Cassie never fucking tells me shit." He lowly grumbled before looking away.

"What are you doing out here anyway?" He asked, changing the subject.

"I'm waiting for my Uber driver." I answered,

He nodded his head and walked over to the bench before taking a seat beside me.

It was silent for a moment and I went back to playing with Mia who squealed, loving the attention that was back on her.

"How old is she?" Mr. Lennon asked, looking over at Mia.

"A little over a year. Her birthday was two months ago." I said,

"Well... she's very beautiful, but I'm not surprised considering her mother is also beautiful." I felt completely shocked at his weird compliment and simply nodded my head not knowing what to say.

One minute this man was angry and glaring at me and the next he was calling me beautiful.

"Harper. Release your scent." He ordered and I gave him a questioning look.

"What for?" I asked,

Did he want me to get arrested for being a rogue out in the open?

"Just do it, I need to be certain of something. That's all." He stated, staring at me.

I sighed before nodding my head and released my scent. Mr. Lennon's eyes went immediately dark and I slighlty backed away. He looked angry now and was breathing profoundly. If he hates the smell of rogues so much, then why did he ask me to release my scent?

He suddenly got up and extended his hand toward me. I raised an eyebrow and stared at him, confused.

"Come, I'll give you a ride home." He answered,

I warily stared at him before nodding my head and grabbed his hand.

He helped me up and I picked up Mia while Mr. Lennon collected the shopping bags. I walked close behind him towards his car and I patiently waited his he placed the bags in the trunk.

I got into the back seat, holding Mia close as he got into the car as well. I gave him the address me and he nodded his head as we pulled off and I quickly noticed the Uber driver not to pick me up anymore.

The ride was was silent except for the giggles and babbles from Mia who clearly didn't notice her poor mother in a panic.

Why the sudden change of attitude? Is he bipolar or something?

"He's our mate, Harp. So of course he'll be much nicer to us." Luna piped in,

"I still don't believe that ok. There is no way in hell that Zenith Lennon, an all mighty alpha is our mate!" I stated,

There's just no way.

"Whatever you say, but I know that you're in denial and will come to accept it soon. I'm just glad to be near my mate. This is the best day ever!" Luna squealed and I quickly cut the mind-link.

Luna would simply confuse my thoughts and I didn't need that.

Finally, we pulled in front of my house and I immediately got out. Mr. Lennon got out as well and took the bags out.

He followed close behind me as I walked to the front door and unlocked it, letting him in.

He placed the bags in the hallway and turned to look at me.

"Thanks for the ride and help, Mr. Lennon. I'll come into work tomorrow... well that is if I still my job." I said slowly, waiting for an answer.

"You still have your job, Harper." He stated,

My eyes widened for a moment, completely in shock. He knew my name!

He stared at me in confusion and I shook the surprise away.

"You... you know my name?" I asked,

"Umm, yeah. Why wouldn't I? I am your boss after all." He stated,

"No, I just thought you only cared to call me by my last name. First time I've ever heard you call me by my first name, that's all." I stated,

"If you don't mind me asking, but where's the father?" He asked,

I snorted and placed Mia on the floor and she held her teddy bear close as she stared at us in wonder.

"Probably somewhere dead in a gutter, I hope." I answered,

He looked even more confused and I sighed, moving Mia into the living room.

"I... I was raped, ok. I don't know who the father is and honestly I don't want to. It's an experience that I want to forget." I clarified not looking at him in the eye.

Mr. Lennon was silent for a moment and I took a seat, wondering what he was thinking. Would he feel pity for rogue? Not that I cared for his pity or anything.

"She's a lovely little girl. A gift the goddess gave you. The situation is horrible, yes, but do you regret having her?" He asked finally and I was shocked, staring at him.

I looked down at Mia who was laying on her back, sucking on her hand and staring at me with large brown eyes.

"Of course not. I wouldn't give her up for the world." I answered smiling,

Mr. Lennon took a seat beside me and I immediately felt the charge shifting between us.

"I'm not good with rogues. They're horrible and vile creatures who I would gladly spend my life killing, but not you, Harper. Your scent... it tells me your my mate." He said,

"I can't say that I believe it though. I don't see us being mates." I stated honestly,

Mr. Lennon softly chuckled and leaned down, picking Mia up. I watched carefully as he placed her on his lap and she immediately became entranced with him.

"I'll let you stay here without any problems. If you want, I'll accept you into my pack so you and Mia won't have to be rogues anymore." He said, staring at me.

I looked away, thinking about it. He wants make me part of his pack. Mia and I would be safe, right? That's a good thing. He's my mate and wants to help us.

"I-I not sure." I answered, taking Mia from him and stood up.

He frowned, but nodded his head before standing up, towering over the both of us.

"It'll be open for as long as you want to accept. I just want to protect my mate... and her child." He said, glancing at Mia.

I nodded my head, holding Mia closely.

Mr. Lennon walked to the door and I followed close. He didn't look back as he stepped out and walked to his car. I stood there for some time as he pulled off and disappeared in distance.

Letting out a breath, I shut and locked the door, walking upstairs.

"It's far too soon, sweetie. I don't even know him that well to accept such an offer." I told Mia as if she would respond.

I walked into my room and laid down on the bed, watching as Mia slowly fell asleep and I soon followed close behind.

***