:Genius: Chapter Nine

Start from the beginning

I had been normal for two months, a month in an orphanage, two weeks learning my new parents and now this week. I had started normal school monday, and those four days where the most tiring days are my life so far.  It was nothing compared to Mcceath, living on a constant adrenaline.

Spy students VS. smart students. Mack put his arm around me fatherly, and kissed my forehead.

“Ocyne, you're sixteen, you're famous, and you've lived your whole life in boarding school for girls. It's been sheltered for you, and its going to take some time to adjust to not needing to be everything all the time.” I loosened his embrace, slipping out of his arm before jumping off of the desk.

“I'm probably going to get another detention if I'm late again.”I made a face, resulting in an amused look from him.

“The great Ocyne Liyla has detention, my word.” I glared at him jokingly

“Yeah, the smart people don't like to have a special Ed in their class.” He sighed, rubbing his face.

“It's a bigger challenge for you to be stupid, Jane.” He smiled slightly, and I was surprised at how easily he could call me that. I guess having studied more spy techniques he was used to calling people by their disguises. I got to the door, and turned back, Mack was looking through papers now, but I knew he was still there.

'It's a bigger challenge' … He didn't just say I was special educated for a joke, he did it to keep me on my toes, to make me work. He was still looking after me.

I left the classroom, looking back once to make sure I wasn't day dreaming.

* * *

I decided to take a walk around campus after school. I wasn't yet use to American heat, and only had on flip flops, a halter neck that was open at the back, and denim shorts. I had my bikini on underneath, for some reason, hot weather always makes me feel like wearing a bikini underneath, there beach was close, too, and I was hoping I could sneak out for a few hours later on. The school was pretty big, and after the run in with Austin I decided to stay away from the on site house I was meant to call 'home'.

I had my notebook underarm, and was looking for a little place to sit quietly and write without the nosey people trying to see what it is that I'm writing. That was when I found the pool. It was on the left wing of the school, and there was a little hut which probably contained floaters and water lilos. The pool looked hardly used. We had a swimming pool in Mcceath too, after the first couple of months hardly anybody used it, until finally, it was only used for spy students and classes.

That’s probably what happened here. That, or it has been banned. In anyway, I decided to live up to Asha's indictment.

I stripped to my bikini, wondering if there was a towel in the hut. The door had a deadbolt, but I didn't go to a school full of spies and genius' not to learn something. Inside, it was plain white, with shelves that had unopened lilos, blow-up row boats, hand pumps and general aquatic water items.

The only thing there wasn't, was a towel.

I decided to get one of the bed shaped lilos and try not to get wet.

When I was in water, it was easy enough to forget I was anything other than a writer. In the shower I would come up with fifteen ideas at once on a new story, water seemed to have an effect on my imagination.

Or I had a short attention span; another reason why I was only the second smartest person in the world. It was pretty easy to get on the lilo without getting wet, and I floated slowly in the water writing the next chapter of my story. After writing twelve pages of a4, and finishing chapter nine which will be to the great disdain of Harley, who is expecting chapter twelve any day now, I decided to stop, the heat was stopping my concentration. I put the notebook on the side, under a bush, just in case and stood carefully lying on the lilo again, then I floated back out in the middle of the pool.