The Cook

Prompt: So I noticed that most fics say that Jason is a great cook and the reader isn't so could you do one where the reader is? Like they have been living together for a while and he just sort of finds out and is confused like "Why didn't you say anything?" and the reader is like "you didn't ask??" Love your work btw

You felt bad for letting this charade go on for as long as it did. Jason was having a particularly hard week so you decided you would take away the pressure of him having to cook.

You had a nice home cooked meal already set up on the table when he came home. He threw his jacket over the back of the couch and kicked off his boots. Jason unbuckled his gun holster and carelessly threw it down on the table as he collapsed in his chair in front of the plate of food. He looked down at the plate in confusion and then back up at you.

"Where'd this takeout come from?" He asked.

"It's not takeout." You said as you deliberately took a bite from your own plate.

"Who made it then?" He questioned.

"I did." You shrugged.

"You did?" Jason asked with his eyebrow raised skeptically.

" Yeah. I thought you could have used a break so I decided to cook." You said said casually.

"You can cook?" He said in disbelief. You sighed and rolled your eyes at him.

"Yes, Jason, I can cook." You repeated.

"Why am I just now hearing about this? I've been cooking for us for almost two years now [Y/N]!"

"Well you never asked!" You argued. Jason opened his mouth to argue further but then closed it again suddenly changing his mind.

"You're cooking for the next month, I hope you know that." He said playfully. You nodded in begrudging agreement.

"Fitting enough punishment." You agreed. Jason wordlessly shook his head at you in disappointment before taking a bite of the food you prepared for him. His eyes widened in amazement and he moaned into his mouthful of food.

"Make it a year." He groaned taking another bite and closing his eyes in pure delight. You were definitely going to be forced to cook for the foreseeable future.