Chapter One - Butterflies

You had been fighting the varuga all day on your latest mission, you were exhausted and wanted nothing more then to rest on the circus ship. 

"Heeeeyyyyy......you're pretty cute young lady." a young red haired man stared at you with a perverse look in his eye, you grimaced. 

"Light Nebula!" You shouted as a golden shower of light beams shot towards the man from your hands. He was flung backwards by the force of the magic and hit a tree causing him to become unconscious. You flew over to the man and held him down with your foot on his shoulder. Quickly, you swooped down to his level and roughly grabbed him by his shirt collar. Gradually, you lifted him off the ground and threw him against another tree, causing him to call out in pain. You stared at him for several moments before Yogi came to your side.

"Hey _____ that's enough for today, let's go back to the ship." he smiled warmly while patting your back. 

"That's a good idea." you said quietly before flying back to the ship with Yogi and Tsukumo. 

"We did well today, I'm so glad those vulgar creatures were dealt with." Tsukumo said while gritting her teeth. 

"Yeah, when we get back we can finally eat, i'm soooooooo hungry! What about you ____-chan."

"Chan? I'm not a child Yogi." 

"Ow sorry _____-san."

"Hmm, yeah I'm pretty hungry too." Yogi looked at you apologetically but you kept your focus on the ship ahead. When you made it to the ship you were greeted by Hirato and two new faces you had never seen before.

"They don't look like members of the circus." You thought to yourself as you approached them. 

"Welcome back, there are two new people who will be joining us on our journey, Yogi and Tsukumo have already met them but ..._____, this is Nai." A young boy with white hair and big red eyes stared up at you, he had parts sticking out from his hair with lavender tips and he appeared to be wearing an old Circus ID bracelet which your (eye colour) eyes widened at.

"Hi _____!" He beamed with a cute smile. You said hello back before Hirato spoke again.  

"And this is Gareki." A tall boy with black shaggy hair stepped forward, he raised his head and you were greeted with a beautiful, piercing pair of ice blue eyes. Your heart started racing as you stared into his blue pools. He had a pale complexion and wore a pair of goggles on his head. A pink blush dusted your cheeks, he was very attractive. 

"Hi." He said in a deep, husky voice which made your heart melt. 

"H....Hello" You stuttered.

"Now that you've all met, you can all go and get some lunch and then rest for a while." Hirato announced before leaving you all. Tsukumo walked with Nai and you walked behind them with Yogi and Gareki. 

"Oh you guys I am soooo hungry, say Gareki, are you going to the parade tomorrow? It will be so fun! and loads of fooooood!"

"hm, I don't think so...I'll pass." He said, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Ohhhh don't be such a spoilsport, i'm going, Nai's going, _____'s going, everyone's going!" Neither of you responded to Yogi and just carried on walking.

"Come on ____, convince him!" You turned your head and looked at Yogi who had a pleading expression on his face. You turned your gaze towards Gareki who was staring at the floor.

"If he doesn't want to go, we shouldn't force him Yogi, but it will give you something to do, this place can get pretty boring at times." Gareki looked into your eyes making your heart skip a beat before turning to Yogi. 

"Fine, I'll come, but I will kill you if you make me dress up."

"Awwwww yeeeeyy Gareki-kun." Yogi pounced on Gareki in a suffocating hug. Gareki struggled and tried to get free. 

"urgh....hey...Yogi...get off!" He muffled. You couldn't help but laugh at them both "how adorable" you thought to yourself. After lunch you walked back with Gareki and Nai to your rooms.

"So how come you've come here?" You asked, eyeing both of them.

"I'm looking for my friend Karoku and the Circus offered to help, Gareki saved me from a strange mansion where there was a varuga who tried to kill me."

"Ohhh I see, that was noble of you Gareki." You smiled at him sweetly, you saw him blush a little but tried to disguise it by turning away from you.

"Yeahhh, Gareki is a nice person underneath everything, aren't you?" Nai beamed at him. 

Gareki gritted his teeth. "Whatever you say." 

"Anyway, this is my room now, see you both later." You stared into the blue pools once more before entering your room.

"Byeeeee _____-san!" Nai yelled.

"See you around." Gareki replied. You walked into your room and jumped onto your bed, smiling like a complete idiot. You got up and changed into your nightie before falling into a deep sleep. During the night you heard a bang noise come from another room. Quickly, you sprung out of bed and went to see what was going on. You crept as quietly as you could to the source of the sound. It was coming from one of the food areas, you made a sword appear and kicked the already partly opened door open with your foot. You pointed your sword at the neck of a person who was in the room.

"What do you want?" You asked pushing the point of your sword a little further into their skin. You heard a hiss of pain as you felt your blade pierce the skin. With the sword still at their neck, you reached for the light switch and quickly turned on the light. You gasped and dropped your sword out of shock as your saw Gareki before you with a cut in his neck.

"Gareki...I'm so sorry!" You said in a startled voice. 

"It's fine, I'm sorry I woke you." 

"What? no it's fine, I...I just...I hurt you..I'm so sorry, please forgive me." 

He chuckled softly "I forgive you, it's just a scratch." 

"Let me see it." you demanded. His eyes widened but he let you inspect the wound. You ran your finger along the scratch and resisted from caressing his neck, you made some ethanol appear from your hands. "This will sting a little." You looked up at him from under your lashes and he gave you a faint smile.

"It's fine." Slowly, you dabbed it onto the wound which made eyes squeeze shut.

"It will be okay now." The bottle of ethanol disappeared into thin air. 

"It still amazes me." He said while looking where the bottle once was. 

"What does?" 

"How you circus people use magic, make objects and weapons appear from nothing, fly.." He turned to look into your eyes. You blushed and giggled a little, you turned away from him and sat on the table top. 

"How come you're awake at this time anyway?" You questioned, crossing your legs.

"hmmm." He took a few steps towards you before leaning on a counter opposite from you. "I couldn't sleep I guess." 

"Too excited for tomorrow's parade to sleep huh?" You smiled teasingly. 

"Yeah definitely." 

"Hehe don't worry, it will be fine, I'll pick out something for you to wear, I wouldn't trust Yogi if I were you if you're looking for not something too dressy."

"I agree with you there." 

"Anyway, we need to get some sleep." You walked towards him before reaching up and giving him a soft kiss on his cheek. "Sorry about your neck." You smiled nervously before turning out of the room and going back to your own room.