13

"Alison are you ready to go?" My mom called from downstairs.

I was staying with Jason, but she came to pick me up.

"Yes." no.

why in the hell would I want to go see my evil demon spawn sister? I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't there when we showed up. I swept the last layer of mascara across my eyelashes, slipped on Ali's ring and stepped carefully down the stairs.

She smiled. "You look nice." I rolled my eyes. Of course I did. only because she wanted me to forgive her.

I hopped in the car, slipped in my earbuds and pressed play on The Wanted's Word of Mouth and Battleground albums. They were amazing.

Before I knew it the ride was over and we were stepping out of the car onto the black, fresh looking tar and continued down the walkway to the entrance. "Sign in please." A snobby receptionist in nurse scrubs said as she took a phone call. We signed in and put on our neon yellow visitor passes.

A lady in pink scrubs lead us to a small room where Alison, the real one, was sitting in a chair waiting.

Her and our mother exchanged hugs and we went through the usual routine. "How are you? Are they feeding you well? Good activities?" I tuned her out. "We're working on letting them release you for a weekend so you can come home." My eyes widened and I stopped. They both looked at me. "What do you think, Alison?"

"U-um, if she, if shes mentally stable then of course I'd want my sister to come back home." lies. she's already been home.

"mom, can we have a moment alone, please?" real ali asked and our mom reluctantly stepped out.

"how the hell did you get out of this place?" I growled lowly.

"Courtney."

"Alison you can't keep torturing me like this. It's insane, dropping branches on me and almost shooting up the school? I-I mean what the actual hell is wrong with you?"

"Courtney. I know I've been a bitch in the past. But you have to believe me. I didn't do it." She pleaded.

"Then who did? All signs point to you, Alison." A tear fell from her eye. "Look me in the eyes. I didn't do it. But I know who did."

My breathing stopped short. She wasn't lying. As much as I wanted her to be lying, she wasn't. She doesn't cry when she lies, she smirks. She can never lie without smirking. But she was crying.

"Then who?"

"When I got in here, I was so mad. I layed in bed for two days. My roommate was nice, she asked what was wrong, and I told her. I told her all about you and my life and how perfect it was. I called you names, I said so many mean things." She cried more.

"You're not helping your case yet."

"I went to bed that night and I just stared at the ceiling, thinking. I finally realized I only hated you so much because I missed you. I missed how we used to be and I ruined it. I was really only mad at myself. Finally I started unpacking my things and I found the picture of us on the trampoline and I left it on the nightstand. The next day my roommate had escaped and the picture was gone. When I asked why she was in here, they said she asked her friend about a boy she was having issues with and stole a picture. He went missing. You need to stay safe, Courtney. I'm worried. We don't know what shes capable of." She grabbed my arms and shook me, as if to shake it into my brain.

She isn't lying.