Prologue

I adjusted my graduation robe as I stared the entrance door from afar.

     "Come on, we have to line up,"

Miss Kim called out. I heaved out a heavy sigh.

Did she perhaps forget the date?

I let out another sigh. Dates were important in her job, so no, she couldn't be forgetting the dates.

While waiting for my turn to receive the graduation certificate, my eyes roamed around the auditorium. I ended up in disappointment.

When the ceremony ended and everyone were busy snapping pictures, I texted Mr. Byun to pick me up. What's the use of taking pictures when your parents weren't there to celebrate your graduation?

     'Mum, did you know what day it is?'

I texted her--my mum. As always, there was no reply. I chuckled at myself. Sometimes, I am pathetic. More than that even.

Most people my age were looking for love. To find their supposedly 'destined' one. Well I suppose, I did look for love too. But different kind of love. The love that I really wanted-no, needed-was the love from my parents. The simplest yet most valuable kind of love anyone could ever receive.

But now... I might as well just give up. Mum will never make time for me. Neither would dad. Being alone could probably be my thing. I grew up alone. Even when I have both of my parents still alive.

They weren't the ones to hear my first word. Nor were they the ones to be the first to see me walk. Life was easy for me. I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Gold spoon even. But one thing I lack would probably be my parents' attention.

I have always been surrounded by people who claimed to be my friends but in the end they only take advantage of what I have. I started to develop trust issues, which was the reason why I barely have friends. You can't really trust people nowadays. People are becoming selfish and greedy when it comes to money.

For that reason, when I get to university, I will not reveal my identity as the daughter of the owner of one of the biggest company worldwide and the daughter of the head of stewardess.