Nifflers, Erumpents and Dragons Oh My! Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Oh come on," Newt muttered to himself; suddenly eyeing a twig he snapped it and presented it to the monkey, "Look it's exactly the same, let me have the other one."

However, the monkey wasn't having it and continued to hit the wand on a rock, "Oh you don't want to do that-" Newt said quickly, but not quickly enough for the monkey was shot back from Newt's wand; Newt grabbed his wand, "Sorry tried warning you." the dazed monkey lay in the fenced in area as Newt quickly repaired the Zoo and took off to find Gwen and Mr. Kowalski.

Gwen found herself soaring high above New York, the cool air breezing over her wings as she was trying to locate Mr. Kowalski. It had been a long time since she had actually flown out of the case and instead of the artificial sky she always flew in the wind hitting face felt refreshing. The clouds were affecting her tracking abilities so she flew lower to the ground. Gwen was finally able to locate Mr. Kowalski and the Erumpent when she heard the Erumpent call out again as Mr. Kowalski screeched.

"Newt! Newt!" Mr. Kowalski called out frantically as the Erumpent rolled on the ground beneath him before getting up and piercing the tree trunk with her horn.

Gwen landed and roared at the Erumpent, who snorted at her and charged her seeing Gwen as a threat. Gwen growled but easily dodged the attack, Mr. Kowalski screamed out even louder when he saw the huge white dragon before him. The dragon was easily twice maybe three times larger than the Erumpent. With large spines and protruding from its back the dragon only stood on its back legs as smoke dripped from its nostrils and its shiny red eyes were on him.

At the same time the tree fell down the Erumpent and Gwen found themselves in a brawl both saw Mr. Kowalski running way right onto an icy lake. The Erumpent immediately took off after Mr. Kowalski as Gwen huffed thinking, how idiotic do you half to be, she was trying to help him. Opening her wings again she took off into the sky and swooped back down toward the pond.

Newt just arrived on the on the scene on a bridge where he saw the Erumpent on the ice with Mr. Kowalski yelling. He also noticed Gwen's giant form as tried to swoop down and grab Mr. Kowalski from the Erumpent's path. Last minute Mr. Kowalski dodged her not able to recognize Gwen as she growled, frustrated.

Waving his wand again Newt apparated onto the ice opening his case in front of the Erumpent's sliding form. The Erumpent slammed into the case, but nothing happened at first until a sound of the suitcase sucking in the beast gave some relief to Mr. Kowalski.

Slamming the suitcase shut and locking it Newt found himself breathing heavily near Mr. Kowalski, "Good show Mr. Kowalski, that's two down one to go."

"Call me Jacob," Mr. Kowalski said trying to catch his breath, "I really shouldn't have cut out on gym." He muttered to himself.

"Then call me Newt, that was quite the adventure wouldn't you say," Newt said to the man helping him up from the ice.

Jacob chuckled brushing himself off when he saw the great white dragon land behind Newt. Newt never flinched as the dragon landed, "Newt there's a-"

The dragon eyed Jacob angrily as Newt held out Gwen's coat and right before Jacob's eyes the dragon morphed back into an angry Gwen.

"Seriously, I was trying to help you and you run from me." She snorted out as smoke remanence leaked from her nose as she angrily grabbed her coat from Newt's arm.

"Sorry," Jacob squeaked before coughing, "I didn't know it was you."

Gwen sighed and shrugged her coat on herself wrapping her dragon tail once again her waist, "It's okay now," she responded, "I didn't give you heart attack though did I?"

Jacob quickly shook his head.

"Gwen's dragon is known for being the largest dragon breed out there." Newt explained picking up his case and walking off the ice with the other's trailing behind him.

"A Ukrainian Ironbelly." Gwen smiled, "pretty intimidating I'd say."

"Yep, used to work with those dragons on the Eastern front," Newt said, "with help from Gwen of course."

"That's amazing," Jacob said.

Gwen smiled as she made off the ice followed my Jacob. Newt stood with his suitcase in hand and wandered just beneath the bridge.

"Come on I've got a few more things to show you," Newt said talking to Jacob as he placed the suitcase on the ice.

"Does it involve the Erumpent-thing again?" Jacob asked cautiously.

Newt laughed, "No, no something else," as he descended down the steps of the suitcase.

"As long as it has nothing to do with the Niffler," Gwen added. "Then it's fine." She said as she went down into the case.

Jacob looked around before following his two companions down into the case. Unlike before he didn't get stuck at the top as he managed his way down to find Gwen and Newt in the work shed. As soon as his feet touched the floor there was a slam and click as the room shook.

"What did you do?" Gwen questioned as she looked up at the exit.

Newt followed her gaze, but didn't sound to unhappy as he answered, "Huh! Looks like we're locked in."