Chapter 6 Wake Me Up

The cool breeze made his body shiver a little as he stood at the base of the hill, he closed his optics as he listened to the birds song in the early morning light. His ear twitched when he heard something approaching from behind along with a familiar scent. Slowly turning around he felt his spark skip as his lips formed a small yet loving smile when he saw who was standing just a few feet away from him. A beautiful grey and white Wolf-con with turquoise optics, the early morning sun made her armor glow making her look like an angel.

The two walked towards each other, Steeljaw wrapped his arms around her in a loving embrace as he gently nuzzled her cheek. "I've missed you Darksoul," he whispered as he glanced over her shoulder, seeing a brown and grey Wolf-con pup with yellow optics. His optics glassed over, trying his best to hold back the tears as he knelt to the young one's eye level, pulling her into a hug as well.

"Why didn't you protect us daddy?"

Steeljaw felt his spark stop as his body shivered from an icy chill. Letting go of the pup he backed away when he saw his pup's bruised body, energon staining his dented and cracked armor. The sky darkened as thunder rumbled loudly and the lightening danced through the sky. Unable to look at his pup any more he turned to Darksoul only stair at his mate with wide horror filled optics.

A bolt of lightening struck the ground between him, making him close his optics from the sudden brightness. He prayed that he was seeing things, hoping that he wouldn't see it again. Opening his optics jumped back when he saw how close Darksoul was, her body was stained in blue from her energon. Her body was broken but her optics, her once beautiful optics were now lifeless, her head hung low showing him her shattered head. Sparks crackle from the back as she slowly lifted her head.

"Isn't it enough that I'm alone here and I can't feel your touch," she struggled to speak through the pain, "My body may be gone, but my spark is still yours. How could you choose to forget and give your spark to another," she demanded as she glared at him with her soulless optics.

Steeljaw's ears folded back in fear, "I would never forget you Darksoul and I would never give my spark to another."

"Then why did you kiss that femme?"

Steeljaw shrank back a little but he stood tall, "That was an accident."

"So was this," she growled in a deep voice.

A shrill shriek she raised her claws, Steeljaw stared at her in fear, this wasn't the femme he knew this wasn't his Darksoul. Her soulless optics stared into his as she started to plunge her claws into his spark chamber, the tips of her digits had just made contact with his armor when they suddenly stopped.

'In you and I, there's a new land

Angels in flight

I need more affection than you know (reversed)

My sanctuary, my sanctuary, yeah

Where fears and lies melt away

Music inside

I need more affection than you know (reversed)

What's left of me

What's left of me now?'

-----

Steeljaw's optics snapped open as he sat up gasping for breath. It was just a dream, just a dream, he told himself as he slowly started to calm down. Whatever that song was it made everything about the nightmare just stop. His ears twitched as the song continued, slowly getting up he followed the music.

"Must be Metalsound dancing again," he muttered as he wiped the sweat from his forehead. He was still shaking from the dream.

But something about this song was different from the others, the voice was soft and oddly enough it gave him a sense of comfort. He found himself outside, the sun was at its highest point, the forest was quiet aside from the singing. He saw Metalsound resting on a tree branch in her beast form looking out at the mountain. Staying in the door way of the ship he watched and listened in awe, her voice was just amazing.

Even though he couldn't understand the words they were vary soothing, with her low yet haunting voice was enough to make him forget about his nightmare. However the words Darksoul had said to him would haunt his mind for a who knew how long. He would never give his spark to another femme, she would always have his spark, but it didn't stop him from the feeling of loneliness.

That day had happened so long ago, almost 10 vorns ago now, he was sure that his daughter would almost be a young adult by now. Now that he thought about it, he and Metalsound looked close to the same age. Blinking in realization of what he was thinking he shook his head, he shouldn't even be thinking of something like that after the nightmare he just had. He hoped that he would never have to see that glare from her again.

"You look like you've seen a ghost," Steeljaw looked up when he heard Metalsound's voice. He didn't realize that she had stopped singing.

"I'm fine," he sighed heavily as he glared at the ground.

Metalsound watched him in silence, was he upset with her that she pushed him? "I'm sorry for earlier," she spoke softly with a light blush.

"There's nothing to apologize for, if anything I should apologize for teasing you like that," he replied as she jumped down from the tree.

Metalsound stared at Steeljaw, he still looked spooked by something. Seeing something standing over his shoulder she tried to get a good look at it but when she did it was gone. The air around them was still, however she couldn't ignore whatever was behind Steeljaw it seemed to be effecting his sleep. The wind gently blew through the trees causing a few of them to fall, sniffing the air Metalsound got an idea. With a smirk she took his hand and started walking up towards the mountain.

Steeljaw looked at their hands in confusion, just where was she taking him?