Chapter 4 Monster Inside

Hearing footsteps Steeljaw looked up to see Metalsound heading into the forest. Where is she going, he asked himself as she transformed into her beast form. He could see her more clearly in the sunlight this time, her dark grey armor glistened in the patches of sun as she started to leave, the ring of fur that started from the back of her head leading down to her shoulders. He would be lying if he said that he didn't feel intimidated, her size alone would be enough to scare a Minicon and a small bot out of their metal. His optics trailed down to her paws, particularly her claws, those sharp claws that could most likely tear one's metal to shreds if she wanted to. They looked like they were made to keep a hold on something. As if she felt his optics on her she turned her head to him, her purple optics staring into his yellow ones.

Her optics shifted to the his right as if she saw something behind him, breaking from the stare he turned to look. When he saw that nothing was there his ear twitched in confusion as he looked back to the femme only to find her gone.

"Strange femme."

Getting to his feet he headed back inside the ship, "Where did she go?"

::She will either patrol the area or search for energon,:: D spoke up.

"And she does this everyday?"

::Yes, that and she trains in this room for a period of time,:: D's voice echoed as if he moved to a different part of the ship. Following the voice Steeljaw found himself in a room full of different objects, from weights and wooden dummies to targets and a battlefield.

::I don't think she would mind if you use some of these items,:: D explained as Steeljaw noticed a sword hanging on the far wall. It looked like it hadn't been used in a long time, and old but despite this it looked like it was well taken care of. ::That used to belong to Milady's master,:: D replied as Steeljaw stopped when he realized that he was reaching for it.

"Used to," he echoed in confusion, "What happened to him?"

::Milady doesn't talk about him but she said that he was an honorable warrior and one of the most loyal of bots. I was curious and I looked into her file, she caught me doing so and she said that she didn't want to talk about it any more. Her master was Dreadwing.::

Steeljaw's optics widened in shock, "Dreadwing? The most loyal Decepticon to Megatron, that Dreadwing?"

::Yes, but you must not tell Milady.::

"Mustn't tell me what?"

Steeljaw jumped and turned to see Metalsound standing in the door way, "Do you not know how to make a sound," he growled.

"Aren't you Wolf-con's supposed to have really good hearing," she countered not noticing his tail twitching in discomfort, "And I see you know of Dreadwing."

"He was well known through out Kaon," Steeljaw replied before he looked at her in confusion, "Why would he take on a student?"

"I was young and alone, I guess he took pity on me. He never told me why he did it, and I'll never know," she let out a broken sigh as she looked at the sword, "That's all I have left of him."

At least you have something to remember him by, Steeljaw thought bitterly.

"But he's with his brother so at least he isn't suffering anymore."

Steeljaw looked at her in confusion and anger, "What do you know about spark break?"

"I lost Dreadwing, and I could see the loneliness in his optics."

Steeljaw narrowed his optics he was going to have to be careful with this femme, he was sure she knew more than what she lead on. There was no way she knew what he was going through.