Monster - Chapter 22

Start from the beginning

"How do you two know each other because from what I heard Rose entered this land as rouge?"

"Oh! Really is that the story you heard because uh – I well" I stuttered sheepishly

"Christina" Axel and Ethan spoke in unison before glaring at each other.

"Okay well, Rose was a rogue in our land and I told her to go to Garth and seek refuge there before Sebastian caught wind of it" I admitted guiltily, stepping away from Rose.

"You did what?" Sebastian thundered his eyes flickering to a piercing yellow as he stared me down.

"Did I stutter?"

"You endangered our pack by letting a filthy little rouge go!" he growled lowly.

"No, I watched as a scared little rouge girl accidently found herself in the Luna’s path and instantly thought she was going to be killed change into a starved beaten child. What did you want me to do? Knock her out; bring her to you so she could be executed for innocence?" I snarled my lip curling to show my pointed canines.

"Yes that is exactly what you should have done because you are the Luna, so what if she was scared she was rouge and it is your job to care for pack no matter the price. Rouges are filthy beings and if I had it my way they would all be killed on the spot."

I stared Sebastian down as I felt the anger in my gut growing "just like you were going to do to me a few weeks ago, then you made me look at you! You were going to tear my throat out and you wanted me to look you in the eyes while you did so you could literally watch the life leave me. Then I looked at you and your little murderous world changed and suddenly I was mate to the big bad Alpha who got kicks out of killing rouges. If you love it so much let me give you a second chance" I growled tilting my head back allowing access to my neck.

"Of course I was going to kill you. You were trespassing that thing can’t happen" he snarled slamming his fist against the wall.

"Oh, no the rouge was in our territory! There is no unmarked land for miles you bastard what were we supposed to do, we were tired and hungry we had been running for days and had been unable to find anywhere that hadn’t been marked by a pack. I wish I never looked at you. I wish you had just killed me so that you would have to live your life alone wondering why you were never able to find your mate. You would have grown old promptly cutting off your pure family line of Alpha’s, you would have been challenged by a pup and beaten and if they spared your life you have to live in shame."

"Stop being so immature Christina I’m sick of it, all I’ve been doing is thinking about poor Christina and her feelings, if it were up to me you would be pregnant with my pup already and letting her go is against the law I can have you killed for conspiring against the pack to help a rogue" he screamed advancing towards me.

"Oh" I laughed mockingly "I bet you say that to all the rouge girls who stumble onto your land and kill me Sebastian really for helping someone escape your barbaric ways."

"You know what Christina, I wish I had snapped your neck" I felt my heart constrict as my wolfs movements froze along with everything else in the room. No one said a word although Axel and Ethan looked ready to blow up and Sebastian was a mix between down right angry and regretful.

"You were right" I said looking up at Ethan "he’s a monster" shoving my way past everyone I kicked my shoes off and started sprinting down the gravel driveway and into the forest until I was as deep as the forest got. Hyperventilating I watched as the trees began to spin around me as Sebastian’s words repeated themselves in my head.

"I wish I had snapped your neck"

I wish I had snapped your neck"