"Attention, passengers. Welcome to Southwest Airlines! We will be taking off in approximately two minutes. Please find your seats and stay seated as we prepare to take off," A feminine voice said on the intercom. I was super hungry, and I couldn't wait for the airplane food.

"I can't wait to go to Los Angeles! We can see the walk of fame, possibly meet huge celebrities, and go to Disneyland! Are you excited as I am, Peaches?" Riley practically yelled, causing people to stare. I gave her the "Quiet down!" look before saying, "Not as jovial as you, Riles."

Later, the plane finally went up in the air. Looking out the window was a beautiful scenery. The water of the earth and the clouds collided to make an amazing picture. I grabbed my sketchbook from the top compartment in our row and began sketching the view. Riley rested her head on my shoulder. She watched me sketch the view.

"What do you want to do first when we land?" Riley muttered, snuggling up closer to me. I shrugged, making the outline of the plane window so it looks realistic. Suddenly, I felt my heart speed up an octave. Riley still had this effect on me that probably would never go away. It's her fault for being such a beautiful girl.

"Maybe we can hike up to the Hollywood sign, I guess. The view could be amazing. After that, we could probably go to Venice beach, and then we could go to Star...." Riley put her hand up, as if it was a stop sign. I rolled my eyes, giving her a grin. "Looks like you're the most jovial about the trip, Peaches," Riley said.

I could feel her lips brushing against my neck, which made my breath hitch in my throat. I continued to sketch the view until I was finally finished. I looked around the plane just to pass time when I saw a very familiar face.

Lucas.

I growled loud enough for Riley to hear me. She woke up from her brief nap and gave me a concerned look. "What's wrong?" She asked me in a genuine tone. I did not intend on telling her that Lucas, the boy who vigorously broke her heart, was on our plane, possibly stirring up more trouble.

"Nothing at all," I lied under my breath, smoothing Riley's hair. "I just had to clear my throat." Lying to her wasn't easy at all. The last time I lied to her, everything burst into flames. I had to make sure Riley didn't look to her right, or she would be mad at me for lying. Again.

Before I knew, the day was slowly descending into nighttime. It was 8:40 p.m. in New York time, which means we'd land in an hour. We left New York at 3:30 p.m. We'd land at 9:40 p.m., or 6:40 p.m. in California time. The lady over the intercom informed us about everything.

Lucas looked over at Riley and I occasionally. When he did, I gave him a dirty look each time. I still didn't understand why he was going to Los Angeles. He had no reason to. In the duration of our friendship, he told me he planned to go to Texas every summer to see his family members. I guess not this summer.

"Attention passengers. We will be landing in the Los Angeles airport runway in approximately 55 minutes," the lady said. I lazily ate my peanuts, resting my head against the window. The clouds were slowly vanishing into the night sky, stars taking it's place. I gently shook Riley's arm, which made her eyes flutter open.

"Look at the stars," I said, softly, pointing at the window. Riley's lips formed into a smile as she looked at the stars. Riley's smile always made me feel warm inside. My eyes slowly fluttered shut. I was growing tired by the minute. Riley snuggled up even closer to me. Her hair brushed against my cheek. I didn't complain.

~ Later ~

When I done being dormant, I noticed the plane wasn't moving anymore.

"Attention passengers. We have successfully landed in Los Angeles, California. Please gather all of your personal belongings and suitcases before stepping out of the plane. Thank you for choosing Southwest Airlines," the lady over the intercom said.