She nodded and got out of the bed to do her usual morning routine. For some reason today she didn’t want to wear her normal attire. She didn’t want to wear the bulky skirt and the dress that cinched her only at the waist. Her eyes had fallen on a beautiful blue dress, one shade too dark to be called bright, but it was  vivid and had stood out in her wardrobe. Today she felt like she should be daring. She wanted to show Perttu she could look good. Days of sitting in that chair must have made him wonder what kind of woman he had got but today she wanted to make an effort.

                She reached over hesitantly for it, knowing Berneice was occupying herself straightening the bed, she grabbed it of the rail quickly and hurried to the bathroom. After washing she started to slip it on over her head. There was a zip at the side and she pulled it closed following the curve of her hip, the dip of her waist and the cage of ribs. Then she closed her eyes before looking at the effect.

                The arms flared a little at her wrists, it was a subtle flare that wouldn’t get in her way and she liked how it framed her hands. The dress was fitted to her body, the material ever so slightly clinging to her curves. It smoothed down and showed off her breasts, her tiny waist, her hips and even the curve of her thighs. Never before had her figure been silhouetted like this and she liked the effect. She like the curvy figure she had that was rather like the very hourglass sitting on her bedside table. The skirts started to flow more from her knee, the excess material swishing as she walked but the flare was not bulky and doorways would not be so tricky anymore.

                She took hold of her hair pins and started to pin her up, adding little curls every now and then and showing the graceful line of her neck off. She hadn’t expected to see Perttu so when she opened the bathroom door and he was stood there waiting for her, she was rather embarrassed.

“I saw the dress you picked and thought Perttu should see you in your first vampire attire. You look wonderful my dear.” Berneice was chatting away whilst looking through the rest of Lily’s wardrobe pushing all her old style clothes to the side and out of the way to display these kinds of flattering dresses at the front.

                She looked up at Perttu wanting some encouragement, or at least to be told it was wrong and she would change but he wasn’t saying anything. It broke her heart when he suddenly turned on his heel and left the room without a single word. She felt tear start to brim in her eyes and she furiously blinked away. She would not cry, she would not cry. Berneice turned around at his disappearance and hurried over, “Oh now darling, it’s ok, it’s going to be alright. He likes it, he really does, not often our Perttu is lost for words. He just can’t explain it. A man’s vocabulary is very limited and unfortunately that’s what’s sent him away.”

                The cooing voice Berneice was using was not comforting her but the large frame with which Lily was pulled into did. Berneice was not thin, nor was she fat and the embrace was slightly cuddly; Lily hugged her back tightly and let Berneice try to make her feel better.

“Come on. Now then you can’t cry all day. Wipe your eyes and let’s go.”

“I’m not sure I want to go out in this dress.”

“Of course you are, grab a cloak, here there is a matching one, and let’s go.”