Chapter 22 - Dress Shopping

Comincia dall'inizio

"That's cute. Try it on." She said whilst looking for a dress for herself.

I nodded and rushed to the dressing room to try on the dress. 

When I tried it on, I thought heaven was on me. It felt amazing, It wasn't too tight, nor was it too big. It was perfect! I called Alex in here to see. 

When she got in there, "Nathan will die when he sees you in that!" She said as I turned around in the dress.

"Think so?" I asked, nervous.

"Of course! In a dress like that, he will fall head over heels." She assured.

I nodded and got ready to take it off. and Alex left.

Now for a pair of shoes. I thought to myself as I stepped out of the dressing room.

I went over to the shoe section of the shop and my eyes landed on a pair of black heels. I checked the price and they were 86.

I looked around for Alex and she was no where to be found. "Alex?" I called out.

"In here," Her voice came from the dressing room I was just in.

I stepped in to see what dress she was trying on and it was a dress that was red at the top and black towards the bottom. It looked really pretty.

"Is that what you plan on buying?" I asked as she turned around in it. 

"Yep! I think Tom will love it." She said as she took off the shoes and sat down.

"Well, i'm gonna go buy these things," I held my dress and shoes up, "So i'll see you in a few." I left her and went to the cashier.

After I paid for my things, I stepped out of the shop and waited for Alex. I found a bench to sit on as I waited.

I was looking around at the other shops to see if I could find any interest in them. As my eyes quickly scanned the tuxedo shop, my eyes landed on 2 very familiar figures.

Nathan and Tom.

My eyes widened as I ran back in the shop to tell Alex. She was just coming as I was opening the door.

"What the hell, Skye? You look like you'd just seen a ghost." She gave me a look.

"No! But i'll tell what you I did see." I replied and pointed to Nathan and Tom walking with something in each of their hands. I couldn't tell what they were.

"Is that Tom and Nathan?" She looked just as baffled as I did.

"Looks like it." I agreed.

"Wanna go say something?"

"I don't want Nathan to see my dress until the dance."

"You have a point. Okay, let's just walk then." She shrugged.

As we walked to my neighbourhood, Alex continued walked towards hers. "I'll see you later." I said as I walked alone.

I was thinking about how this dance is only a day away. Less than 24 hours.

I can't wait to see how Nathan looks. I can imagine him in a tuxedo. He would look adorable.

As I unlocked the door to the house, I walked in and went upstairs to set my bag down. 

I smiled to myself as I set it in my closet and sat on my bed. My phone vibrated with a new text from Nathan just then.

Nathan - Did you ever end up going shopping?

Me - Yep I did

Nathan - Do I get to see a peek of the dress?

Me - Nope

Nathan - Pleaseee?

Me - Noo Nath you can't see it, The dance is tomorrow, you will see it then

Nathan - But I want to see it nowwww

Me - Whining wont do it, Nath

Nathan - Aww well I guess you cant blame me for trying 

Me - Hmmm....

Nathan - You know you cant

Me - Maybe I can

Nathan - Oh really?

Me - Really

Nathan - You are a secretive one, you know that?

Me - Not secretive, im surprising

Nathan - Something we have in common

Me - I guess it is

After that, I had set my phone down and decided to take a shower as I checked the time. I must admit, I was doing everything with a bit of excitement because I knew this dance was tomorrow.

-

After I had gotten out of the shower and ate dinner, I laid down and tried to get some sleep. Of course, I couldn't, because I was too excited. Either that, or it was too warm in my room, and I was relatively neutral. It had to be my excitement. 

Even as I slowly, but surely fell asleep, I thought about what would happen at this dance in less than 24 hours. I fell asleep with a genuine smile on my face. I have a good feeling about tomorrow night.

Nathan's POV

I'm not sure I have a good feeling about tomorrow night. If and when I bite Skye, I don't know how she'll react. Hell, if I kiss her, I don't know how she will react.

Will she like it? Will she hate it?

I'm so nervous, and I shouldn't be.

"Mate, I can practically feel your nervousness radiating off of you. Nervous about Skye?" He asked as we stepped in my flat.

"Very." I replied, nodding.

"Don't be. You will be fine. You'll kiss, you'll probably bite her, and you should be fine." He shrugged. Why was he saying this like it was the easiest thing in the world to do?!

"You make it seem like it's easy." I scoffed.

"I would imagine it not being easy." He replied.

"You have an accurate imagination, then." I said, sitting on the couch.

"You'll be fine, trust me. Don't get your fangs in a bunch." He patted me on the back helpfully.

"I sure hope so." I sighed.

-