chapter 1

Mayas P. O. V

I woke up to the sound of my mom waking me up. I got out of bed and went straight to my closet. Hmm what should I wear today? I chose a short blue dress with yellow flowers on it. After I put on my outfit I went toward my mirror. I grab my makeup bag and start applying makeup to my face. After all I have to look good for the boys. I decide to leave my hair down.

When I'm done getting ready I grab my blue Jean jacket, my prada bag and my car keys. My mom bought me my car when I was a sophomore but now I'm a junior. I guess she bought it for me as a im-sorry-your-father-left-us gift. I was never sad about him leaving. He never treated my mother right. So I was okay when he left. She doesn't believe me though and thinks that I miss him but I don't. That's why she buys me anything I want. Because she feels bad for me.

"Mom!! I'm leaving to school already" I yell to her. She's probably somewhere upstairs.

"Okay sweetheart. Have a good day at school" she would tell me this every single day before school.

I walk to my dark blue car and get in. Then I head to school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I get to school I meet up with my boyfriend Joshua. I have been dating him for a year now and I love him.

"Hey babe" I say as I hug him

"Hey" he says.

We walk around school for a little bit and then we go our separate ways. He walks to his class and I go to my class. As I go to class I walk fast in my heels and everyone is staring. I can see why they're staring, I'm Maya Hart.

As I am walking this boy tries telling me something "hey Maya you look good today" but I keep walking and ignore him.

He's right though I do looks good today. I look good everyday.

I flip my hair, stand up straighter, smile and start walking faster to class.

My first class is economics with coach. Economics isnt my favorite subject in school.

I'm almost in class when I bump into someone. A brunette with a big smile.

"Oh I'm sorry" she says. She is pretty and everyone seems to like her they are all staring at her.

"It's okay" I say with a smile "I'm Maya by the way"

"Oh I'm Riley, Riley Matthews." She says with the huggest smile I have ever seen.

"Oh my God I love your purse. Prada?" I ask.

"How'd you know?" She asked me.

"I had that purse when I was a junior. But that was like 2 years ago"I tell her as observe her purse.

She just looks at me with a was-that-a-compliment-or-insult look.
I just laugh and tell her "I already know we're going to be best friends" as I poke her shoulder. Now she looks at me with a smile.
I link my arm with hers and snatch her schedule out of her hands. "Great. We have first period together let's go" I say and pull her to economics class.

As we enter class all eyes are on us. I go sit down on my usual spot and Riley sits right next to me.

"Maya do you have a pencil I can use? "She whispers to me as she looks through her purse.

"No. I don't carry pencils. Boys always offer me theirs" I say as I flip my hair.

At the corner of my eye I catch a glimpse of a boy, with light brown hair, and blue eyes offer Riley a pencil. That boy is giving her heart eyes. Riley can't go out with a loser like him. She's my best friend now so she has to date a popular boy at our school.

"Thank you" she says with a slight smirk.

"No problem. By the way I'm farkle" he tells her. I laugh a little. What kind of name is farkle. What a nerd.

"Riley. I'm new" she tells him as she turns around. After that coach walks in and strats teaching us.

I start to take notes of what he is saying.
Then he starts talking about something else.

"Anybody know what tomorrow is? " he asks.

"The day after tomorrow" I hear the guy behind me say. He was the same boy who told me I looked good in the hallways. He started whispering to that farkle boy and they started laughing. I think they are friends.

"Friar, stop making smart remarks"that coach says "tomorrow is lacrosse tryouts, how many of y'all are trying out? "

Farkle and his friend are the only two who raised their hands.
"And this year coach me and Lucas will make A team" farkle says ."yea" his friend says. Well his name is Lucas.

"Ha yea right minkus. Every year you and friar try out and you guys never make it. You guys suck"coach say and everyone starts laughing.

Right when coach said that the bell rang. I walked out of class with Riley by my side.

"Riley you will like my boyfriend. And today us two are going out. We want you to find someone that can be your date." I say "but it has to be one of the guys that will make the lacrosse team. Dont let it be that nerd from first period. We dont go out with losers" I say gesturing towards farkle and his friend.

She looks dissapointed then asks "why not?"

"Cause their losers. I cannot be associated with losers"I say as I twirl around and walk away. Leaving Riley there at her locker.

I go to my next class. And go continue on my day which involves girls trying to be my friend, boys trying to flirting with me and making out with Josh.