two

the bell rang and i was so thankful to leave this class. i just want to go home and forget today ever happened.

"hey, what's wrong?" kendall sat across from me as i drew circles on the lunch table with my finger.

"jack" i simply said as i put my cheek in the palm of my hand.

"what about him?" she raised her eyebrows in confusion and curiosity.

"well he asked me what i have against him and i told him that i don't want some popular guy i want someone sweet. then he made me feel horrible for judging him before i even really know him and he left me alone for the first time ever" i explained.

"shouldn't you be happy that he's leaving you alone finally? you hate him" she asked.

"well i don't hate him" i said.

"wait, you like all of this attention don't you?" she cocked her eyebrow.

"it's just comforting, does that make sense?" i asked.

"or you like him" she gushed.

"oh my god" i rolled my eyes, standing up and putting my backpack on.

"you do?" she asked me on a more serious note.

"his looks? yes. but i don't even know him. and i might have judged him, but he is still popular. i don't want all of that attention" i whispered to her as we entered the busy hallway. 

"listen, if you keep expecting shawn mendes to pop up at your school then you're gonna be alone forever" she held my shoulder.

"i know" i mumbled and we headed to our fifth period.

school was finally over. i got out of my class as soon as possible. i want to find jack before he rushes off.

"jack" i called as i exited the school and ran towards him.

"what now?" he rolled his eyes after looking up to see me behind him.

"i'm sorry" i breathed heavily as i finally caught up with him.

"come again?" he knotted his thick eyebrows.

"i'm sorry about what i said and thought, you were right. i should have never pushed you away. i just assumed that you were some jock jerk and i'm sorry" i explained.

"uh thanks, but really it's not a big deal" he looked down and fiddled with his car keys.

"jack, that's all you have to say?" i touched his shoulder.

"what do you expect me to say madeline?" he said harshly as he looked up at me.

"go back to how things were" i shrugged cautiously, not knowing what to say.

"i can't do this anymore" he sighed.

"do what?" i asked.

"i have to go mads, i'll see you tomorrow" he waved without looking at me as he got in his car.

i went to my car and drove home. smiling from the nickname that i thought i hated.

once i got home i was bored out of my mind and couldn't stop thinking about jack. by how he acted i knew he didn't think that i was sincere. he is never nervous like that, it's so weird.

i decided to go to sammy wilkinson's house. he is one of the major fuckboys around school, meaning he's a friend of jacks.

normally i would never talk to him but i needed to talk to someone about jack. and hopefully he will give me his number so i can sort this out and finally have this guilt off my shoulders.

"hey, maddie right?" sammy asked in his doorway.

"it's madeline, but yeah" i smiled.

"what brings you here?" he asked as i stepped in briefly.

"can i talk to you about jack?" i asked nervously.

"which one?" he asked.

"uhh, what?" i asked blankly and completely baffled.

"jj or g?" he asked.

"who the hell are they?" my eyes widened.

there's more than one jack in there group? i would have never guessed.

"jack johnson or jack gilinsky?" he emphasized.

"who is jack johnson?" i asked.

"i'm johnson and he's gilinsky. but he is my best friend and you hurt his feelings" a blonde boy walked up behind sammy as he told me.

"hi, i'm madeline" i pulled out my hand.

"i know, gilinsky is obsessed with you" he laughed and shook my hand.

"well.. johnson, could i talk to you about it? like will you tell jack if i tell you something?" i asked.

i mean he is my best choice. hopefully he knows him a lot since they are both 'best friends' and everything.

"jack will never even know you came by" he smiled, causing me to.

"so, you've never seen me before?" he chuckled as he sat on the coach, elbows on his knees.

"i mean you look familiar, but i did not know you name" i said.

"wow, you must live under a rock" sammy laughed.

"samuel" johnson scolded him.

"no it's okay, i actually do live under a rock. that's why i don't understand why jack likes me so much" i sighed.

"you're different, i can already tell" johnson told me honestly with a nod.

"wouldn't jack want to go for some pretty cheerleader or something?" i asked like it was obvious.

"you think that's his type?" sammy asked as him and johnson both laughed.

"yeah, why is that funny?" i asked getting irritated.

"it's just that, that's the opposite of jack. i mean yeah he's been with a lot of girls but girls are all over him he doesn't want anyone but you" johnson told me.

"he's not a player?" i asked, not fully believing it.

"he might come off as a fuckboy because of who he hangs out with and how he acts but that's just his reputation. really" he told me.

"well maybe i don't want his 'reputation'" i crossed my arms.

{ vote, comment, share }