chapter 36

Maddy's perspective

Harely looks at me. She smiles softly, and I realized how much I missed her when I was gone. 

France was interesting so to say. I met a bunch of girls but was never as good as friends to them as I was to the girls back home. I missed all my friends, even Lily who I didn't get to say goodbye to. 

But while I was there I learnt a lot. I learnt spells and proper "girly things" that people like to put it. I was "taller" because I don't slouch anymore. I like heels enough but nothing is in comparison to my combat boots. Dresses were nice, but again nothing compares to jeans and a t-shirts, well maybe skirts. Skirts are nice, especially when they are mini skirts and a matching top. 

"So what happened at school when I was gone?" I ask her, I stand up and grab my towel off my dresser to continue to dry my hair. I had taken a small shower and then gotten into a flowy dress with my combat boots. She stares at me for a moment. "Harely?" I ask her. She snaps out of whatever she was thinking off. 

"Sorry I just can't believe you are actually here" She tells me, she was blushing. 

"Yeah I'm here. So like I said what did I miss when I was gone?" I ask and I put the towel in the dirty hamper. I sit down at my desk. I then realize I was missing something and I want to my suitcase and pull out my makeup bag. I walk back to my desk and sit down to do my makeup. 

"A lot of pranks, lots of detention. There was a huge thing with the Snape guy from Slytherin and he found out about the little secret Remus has. The boys did something stupid and now they go by the Marauders and have some sort of map that shows where everyone is at everytime. I found out about that when they told me they knew I had just been snogging with Jessica Flips from Hufflepuff." She tells me flopping onto my bed completely. For some reason the mention of her with a girl makes me feel like my heart skipped a beat. 

"Oh so you're with Jessica then?" I ask her and she scoffs. 

"No, I dumped her because she was going crazy with how much time I spent with everyone else instead of her. She didn't understand why I missed you so much either. But in the end she ended up being crazy. Are you with anyone from that fancy school of yours?" She asks me. I stop what I was doing makeup wise and looked at her reflection in the mirror. She wasn't looking at me or looking anywhere else, her eyes were closed and she was still smiling softly. 

"No, I was with this boy Lucas Harvy but he ended up being an all out git. So I left him and haven't been with someone since" I tell her and she hums softly. "So what did the boys do that's so stupid?" I ask her and she laughs. 

"They have to tell you that. That's a them thing" She tells me and I laugh. "But things haven't been the same without you, honestly. We've all missed you" 

"I mean I missed you guys too. I forget how much I really do love you guys but then I was away from you guys for a while." She stretches and sits up.  

"We missed you I just said that" She tells me. She stands up and walks over to me, I pull up a stool next to me. She sits down "How did you do your makeup it's really good" She asks me. 

"It took a lot of practice. Want me to do makeup on you?" I offer and she looks down at the makeup on the desk. 

"Maybe some light makeup" She shrugs. I grab a new mascara, a lip stick and some blush. I put mascara on her and then the blush. Before I put on the lip stick she looked at it. "Do you have any other colors?" She asks me. 

"Uh I have the color I have one and then this pink one" I say looking through my bag. I was wearing a dark red. She looked at my lips and then to the pink. 

"I like the one on your lips" She tells me, looking back at my lips. I think for a second and then I kiss her. She's shocked but then she wraps her arms around me. I pull away. 

"Not fully on there, let me touch it up" I smile and I kiss her again. After a moment there's a knock on my door and we pull away. "Come in" I yell and my mom peeks her head in. 

"Hey Maddy I came to talk to you about school. We know that you stayed at school during the summer because there was programs and there wasn't this summer but do you want to go back to school in France or do you want to go back to Hogwarts?" She asks me fulling walking into my room. I think for a moment. 

"Hogwarts actually. While I liked school enough there I want to go back with my friends and back to Hogwarts for my last year" My mom smiles and nods. 

"I like the lipstick by the way" She winks and she walks out of the room. I blush as she walks out and I turn to Harely. 

"Well looks like you're coming back to school with us" Harely smiles. I smile back at her. 

"Yeah looks like it. Harely do you like me? Like more than a friend?" I ask her and she nods softly. "Want to maybe go out on a few dates?" I ask her and she nods again. 

"I would like that. I really would" She tells me. I knew that even with the makeup you could tell that our faces were bright red. 

"Cool. I would like that too" 

Edited and rewritten 10/21/20