chapter 16

Maddy's perspective

We arrive back at our house and drag our trunks up the stairs. I went into my room and flopped down on my bed for the first time in months. I look up at my posters on the walls and smile, no matter what Hogwarts was, this was home. Moments later James busted open my door.

"I'm bored" He tells me sitting on the foot of my bed. I sit up and look at him.

"James it has been five minutes and we just got here how are you already bored?" I ask him. He looks at me.

"Because I have the attention span of a walnut" He says laughing. I laugh with him. "Come on let's go into town or get some ice cream"

"James I just got home. Let's spend time with mom and dad." And he groans and rolls his eyes.

"What are they not as interesting as your friends?" I ask him.

"Hey if you could you would be hanging out with them too" He says to me pointing his finger at me.

"They are your friends James. I mean I would hang out with Liz, Rose and Lily if I had the chance but if it was your friends or sit in a room with nothing to do for 24 hours I would choose the room" I say smiling at him. He fake gasped and put his hand over his heart.

"I'm going to tell them that" He threatens. I smile at him.

"I hope you do" I laugh at him. He sighs, rolls his eyes and walks out of the room. Just as I thought I had a moment to myself an owl crashes into the window. It startles me and then I go and stand up, open up the window and watch it fly into my room. It drops an envelope, looks at me for a moment and then leaves the room the way it came. I go to pick up the letter and I see the red ink, it was from Liz.

I learned that Liz only uses pens, an american thing, and it came in different colors. I opened it up and sat on my bed to read it.

Dearest Maddy

Man I am bored without you. Even though we only became friends towards Christmas I still miss you. Please come do something with me. I am bored, maybe we can rope everyone into doing something. Just anything is better than nothing.

With Love,

Liz

I sigh and walk into the hallway and walk into James' room, the door was already open.

"Liz is bored too" I tell him. He looks up from his desk. "Are you seriously writing to the boys about what I said?" I ask him.

"Yes I am Maddy. I am 12 years old and I am a man of my word" He tells me.

"James you aren't even a man." I remind him, he sticks his tongue out at me. "See that's what I mean"

"Well come on then, we got to tell Mom and Dad we're going to see our friends" He smiles.

The summer went by too fast after that. We had fun with our friends, we caused trouble of course and we made a mess everywhere we went. We had fun together and that's all that matter. All too soon it came to an end but we were able to go back to school to see Lily who we almost hadn't seen all summer. She apparently spent most of her summer with Severus who still didn't like us all that much. It was only on the train that we had a full conversation.

"Word is that we have a new student" She told us. Liz, Rose, and Lily were sitting on one side of the compartment, James, Sirius, Remus and I on the other side. Remus and I were sharing a seat, which made James look at us out of the corner of his eye way too often.

"Well of course we do, the first years?" Rose reminds her. Lily rolls her eyes.

"I'm not that stupid Rose. I mean someone else who came from America. And no I don't mean Liz" Lily tells us.

"That'll be interesting" I say not looking up from the book Remus and I were reading together. He was holding the book and I just started to read it with him.

"What are you two doing again?" Liz asks us.

"Reading a book" I say still not looking up.

"You guys should try it sometime" Remus adds and I can't help but laugh.

"That's a good one" I tell him giving him a high five.

"I hate how you two do that" James tells us.

"James you hate when anyone does anything without you." Sirius says looking at James.

"Aw not you too Sirius. Come on Mate you're supposed to be on my side." James complains.

"There is no sides James, we are all friends" Lily tells him and he starts to pout again. We reach the castle and we ride the horseless carriages up to the school, getting out and walking up the steps and into the great hall to sit at the Gryffindor table together. We watch the sorting and once that is over Dumbledore stands up.

"Now before we begin we have a new student besides the first years, a transfer Miss Harely." A girl who looks like me comes in, she looked cute. She walks to the stool at the front of the hall and sits down. A minute later

"Gryffindor!" and she sits next to me.

"Hi I am Maddy Potter" I say shaking her hand.

"Nice to met you" She says over the loud cheers of

"We got transfer We got transfer" From the rest of the gryffindors.

"Is it always this loud?" She asks me half plugging her ears.

"I mean sometimes" I laugh and soon the cheers die down and Dumbledore stands back up to say the start of year announcements before the feast begins.

Edited and rewritten 9/25/20

Again I am sorry about the time skipping, like I said last chapter that I was trying to keep this close to the original story line that I wrote years ago so that includes these time skips.