Archive Log: 24

When there wasn't ominous alien built structures to explore and figure the mysteries out of, there wasn't exactly a whole lot else to do on the ship. With how sudden the weather could apparently change on the planet, going out was kept to a minimal; even though the previous outing went off fine, weather wise, when it came to casualties however, that was a different story. So, it was for that reason, and the fact that she was bored and without anything else to do, that Alma walked the corridors whistling away to herself. David had gone to wherever. Elizabeth was still shut away. And everyone else was off and hiding away either in their rooms, or doing something. Alma didn't have anything to do; she didn't have any task directly given to her. She had presumed all along she was only onboard to keep an eye on David. Meredith's unwavering distrust couldn't exactly be argued with.

Of course, Alma stopped short when she noticed a shambling figure trying to make its way through the corridor. The flash of auburn coloured hair quickly sunk in and after a moment of standing dumbstruck for another moment, she rushed forwards towards Elizabeth; who by now was more or less almost collapsed against a wall. "Elizabeth!" Alma called out, the poor woman didn't look totally with it. Her dark eyes looked glassy and basically through her. "Let's get you somewhere, yeah?" She hooked an arm around her shoulder, this if anything caused the smaller woman to call out and wince. Alma looked at her worriedly, "I'm sorry." She didn't know what she had done, but she presumed she had harmed her in some way.

Elizabeth bit out a groan while scrunching her eyes shut. She gasped and opened them again quickly and looked up at Alma. "Do you know where the nearest MedPod is?" Elizabeth could just continue blundering down the corridor on unsteady legs. She could try and rummage in her brain to remember where the sleek machine was housed. But why bother? Why try and work through the pain shooting in her mind to remember such a thing when she had someone who knew the ship as well as herself?

"Of course..."

"I need to get there," Elizabeth said, Alma opened her mouth to say something only to get stopped short. "Now. No questions, please hurry." Elizabeth said while gritting her teeth. She didn't have time to argue. She needed to go. She needed to move.

"Fine, okay, come on then." Alma hauled her arm more around her shoulder, readjusted her grip around Elizabeth's waist and pulled her along slowly. The woman had been shed of her suit, leaving her in a simple cotton robe and similar cotton bindings and underwear that Alma woke up in after her hypersleep. But because of the thin layer of clothing against Alma's hand, she suddenly realised how hot Elizabeth felt; she was burning up with a horrible fever. She had no idea what was wrong with her. But she did figure that if anything was going to know, it would be the MedPod.

It was slow going, every so often they had to stop so Elizabeth could reaffirm her footing, her feet were barely picking up from the floor as she shuffled along painfully slowly. Alma didn't voice anything, she just focused on getting Elizabeth to the MedPod. From there she could just stand back and let the machine do its work. Only when they did eventually get to the room where it was set up, the last thing Alma expected was for Elizabeth to attempt to find a surgical procedure which was not programmed in. She was growing more and more frustrated as she pushed at the control panel.

With a groan and doubling over, Elizabeth looked over her shoulder at Alma. "You can get past this, right?"

"You want me to hack a MedPod?" Alma asked, truly shocked and confused over that. Elizabeth just nodded her head and scrambled into the machine, past the clean glass doors and settled on the bed, dropping the cotton robe as she went. "I can't do that exactly. The nearest thing is to scan and see where we can go from there." Alma said awkwardly while the doors closed and Elizabeth injected herself with another painkiller. She wasn't even going to question why she was screaming and shouting for a caesarean, she wasn't going to judge. Considering the agony Elizabeth was in, Alma hated to say it, but maybe it was for the best. Even though logically things weren't piecing together in her mind. She didn't get what was truly going on. If she was pregnant, Elizabeth would never have been allowed onboard, let alone put into hypersleep. Something wasn't right. And as much as Alma loved a good mystery – as much as the next person – she sort of felt it in her gut that maybe, just maybe, this one time she didn't want to know the answer.