Chapter V

The next day, I woke up surprisingly early, the light of the sun not even being visible on the sky, which was a dark, almost black. The moon faded, same as the stars. I slipped out of bed, then I looked in the mirror. I realized that last night I fell asleep immediately as I arrived in my room, still having my robes on.

       After Tom's remark that I have been staring at him (although, I obviously have not), I've returned to my book until he said that I could leave. But he didn't left with me. He stared at me impatiently as I was making my way towards the exit, like he had work to do after, even if it was way past curfew. Although, he is a prefect. He probably had to patrol the halls. Yeah, that's probably it. Hopefully.

       From the day I met Tom, I knew he was nothing but trouble. He is pretending to be the studious, practical, for the teachers and all the students except for his little gang. Abraxas Malfoy for example. He is one of his followers. They fear him. I saw it in their eyes, every time Tom talked to them. They would stutter, and lower their head at his words, even if his voice was totally normal.

       It was six o'clock, so technically I had the permission to wander around the castle, even though no one was this early up. I turned the doorknob carefully, trying not to be loud. I slowly walked down the stairs and stopped in the common to look at the fire. It wasn't green this time. It was normal. Orange and red flames were raging in the fireplace, illuminating the dark room. I continued my way and walked in the halls of the Dungeons. There were still almost two hours until breakfast and I had nothing to do.

       Walking on the second floor corridor, I couldn't help but hear whispers and...hissing noises. They clearly weren't human. They were snake like. The sound became louder as I approached the girls bathroom. I was afraid, but somehow, curiosity took over my body, making me take slow steps towards the open entrance. With every movement I'd make my heart beat would fasten.

       Then, out of nowhere, I heard two male voices.

       "We can't just leave her there!" one of them complained.

       Her?

       "You will do whatever I want you to do, clear?"

       I froze in place, my heart pondering. That low, threatening voice. It was him. I hid behind a column, hoping that they couldn't see me, staring at my feet. Yet again , curiosity filled my mind, making me turn my gaze upwards.

       A mess of dark hair flowing behind as he ran, followed by Malfoy and Dolohov. Tom.

       After maybe half an hour, I built up the courage to get out of my hiding spot to see...her.

       Slow steps and sharp,unequal breathing. I soon arrived in front of the bathroom and for my surprise I just simply saw a girl. My breathing got back to normal when I saw that it was nothing morbid, or shocking.

       I approached her, putting my hand on her shoulder. She was sitting on the ground, kind of weirdly, with her feet in a strange position. But she didn't react at my touch. She didn't flinched, or turned around.

       "Hey...what happened?" I simply asked her. But yet again I received no reaction. Confused, I walked in front of her.

       She wasn't moving. No breathing. No blinking. Her eyes seemed dead and were wide open with fear. She was petrified.

       I gasped as I pulled my hand back. My body started to shake. I looked once again in her eyes and then blackness surrounded me, the last think I felt being the cold, hard tiles of the girl's bathroom.

-

       My eyes started to flutter open, as someone held my hand. I tilted my head to my side to see a familiar mess of black hair.

       "Charlus?" I asked uneasily and confused. His gaze immediately turned from the open window to face me.

       "(Y/n), you're awake!" he exclaimed, wrapping his arms around me. Still confused, I returned the hug, then pulled back. I was in the hospital wing. I looked around to see multiple boxes of chocolate and flower bouquets. Charlus grabbed a chocolate frog and gave it to me. Then I remembered...The girl...I needed answers.

       "Charlus?" I asked again. He responded with a hum, unwrapping some sweets for himself.

        "The girl is..." I paused. "You know.." I already knew the answer. She was dead, no doubt. He just nodded, looking at his hands. I gulped, turning my gaze towards that same window. The sun rays were making my eyes squint.

       "And how much time was I knocked out?"

       "Not much, a few hours." he said then glanced at the clock on the wall. "Now is four. I have to go" he announced "Quidditch practice"

       I faked smiled, as he waved goodbye and left the room. I sat alone on my bed while I ate the chocolate frog Charlis gave me. I was the only one in the hospital.

       My gaze fell upon a beautiful bouquet of black roses.  But before I could reach for it, I heard the door creak.

       My head snapped up to meet Andreea's gaze. She ran towards me, crushing me in a hug.

       "(Y/n)! I came here earlier, but you were still asleep! What happened?" She asked, sitting on the oposite bed.

       I let out a long sigh. "Long story. I will explain it to you later." She just smiled.

        "Well, I talked to our History of Magic teacher, but we still have to give our paper in." She said. "Can you give me the information you gathered, so I could put it togheter?"

       "Yes, I have the information, I researched for it yesterday when I was in detention with Tom." I started "But I can't let you do all the work. I will ask if they can let me to leave today, so we could work togheter."

       The thought of Tom made me shiver. He clearly had a big part in that murder.

       "Well, ok. Get well soon!" She exclaimed, making me snap out of my thoughts. Afterwards she left the room.

       I sighed, plopping myself onto the bed. The roses caught my atention again somehow. I wanted to see who sent them. I got out of the covers and reached the window. I grabbed the buquet and saw a little note on it. The handwriting was neat and cursive.

       With love,
                      Tom Riddle

       I gulped as I read the name one more time. The door creaked once again to reveal the person I would least expect to come, yet I knew he would.

       Tom.
______________________________

       Hey humans!

       Chapter five is out! Thank you for reading and voting! And I can't forget the sweet comments! :3

       Anyways, have a wonderful morning/day/night, wherever in the world you are, and hopefully see you next time!

                                   ~Sarah~