her || sherlock

Sherlock was always the odd child out when his brother's friends came over. It seemed that he became immune to the pain of loneliness. I guess he learned to enjoy it. But when it came to his first day of his first grade year, that changed.

Young Sherlock shuffled down the isle of the yellow school bus. His violin case hits against the maroon colored seating as he walked. Everyone had friend to talk to, neighbors, children of mother's friends. Only one seat only had one person in it. Sherlock walked to he second to back seat where another first grader was reading a fairly thick book. Sherlock stood there for a few mere seconds before the girl spoke "Well, are you going to sit down or are you just going to stare at me?" She asked rhetorically, not even peeking up from her book. She had an American accent, very strong too, making clear that she just moved here and didn't really care for it. If she did she would have been staring dreamily out the window at the busy London streets. But no, she had her button nose stuck in a book that was set lightly on the lap of her white, lace skirt. 

Sherlock sat down quickly, hitting the girls book on the way."Sorry," The girl didn't even flinch or care for that matter "what are you reading?" Sherlock continued, getting the girls annoyed attention. " 'The Island of Dr.Moreau' By H.G. Wells" Her blue eyes scan over the boy in the overcoat then back at her book. "I'm Sherlock, Sherlock Holmes" He holds out his small hand. She glances at it then back to the words on the page. "Jennifer White, and I don't like being touched" She says blandly. Sherlock nods slowly as he scans over the girl. She has a olive like skin tone but on the pale side. She has pale blue eyes with hints of grey in it. She has wavy brown hair that came to the small of her back. She had a quite modern style and high end clothes but wasen't snobby about it. She wore a turquoise roll tab sleeve shirt, a white lace skirt that came to the top of her knees. Gold sparkling oxford flats, and gold daisy stud earrings. Any person could see that she was going to be a beautiful woman when she got older. 

Sherlock had an interest in Jennifer. There was something intriguing about her. She fascinated him. "You're staring at me." She stated, snapping him out of his trance. His hazel eyes met her blue orbs. "What part of America are you from?" He asks

"Maryland"

"Famous for crabs" Sherlock states awkwardly.

"Yes," She said simply, looking over the school boy "you're my new friend" She goes back to her book.

"W-What?" Sherlock stutters, unprepared of what the young lady just said.

"You haven't got any friends, nor have had any so I'll be your first" She doesn't look up and looks bored with the conversation.

Sherlock hid a smile towards her but she saw it and looked up as her left cheek twitched as if that was her smile. This was the start of a beautiful friendship.