25. Making Points & Mystery Boys

Start from the beginning

"Why don't we pick you up after-"

"No! I mean... I'm just, used to walking. I'll meet you guys at home." Austin replied quickly before swinging the door open. He still wore his dark jeans but this week, with the grey, non v-neck t-shirt his parents had allowed. He slammed the door shut behind him as he walked up to the school, walking quickly through the door with ease. He stalked through the hallways before slowing down a bit as the eyes all fell to him. He had usually been able to slip through the halls with little notice unless he was harassing someone, but without his usual attire, he stood out once again. The girls looked him up and down before smiling flirtatiously once more.

"Love the new look, Austin." Piper, a girl in his sophomore year math class, whispered as she grabbed into his hand. He flicked her away before taking a step back. He breathed in slowly as he felt even more eyes fly to him. He never rejected any girl as she threw herself at him. "What is up with you?" She asked snidely as she crossed her arms over her chest. Austin rolled his eyes before gaining the gumption to say what he needed to.

"I guess... I kind of have an announcement." He called through the hallways. The girls gasped as their eyes widened.

"Oh my god? Austin Moon is gay-"

"Before you all start saying that, I am not gay. But I am seeing someone." Austin interrupted, not wanting the rumors to fly at him with a vengeance. It could get ugly, otherwise. He smiled as Dez came to his side, holding onto Trish's hand as he did so.

"Yeah, he's got a girlfriend." Dez reconfirmed as he smiled happily.

"Well who the hell is it?" Piper asked angrily. She let her hands rest on her hips as the crowd waited expectantly for the girl's name to be released. Austin glanced from side to side, not seeing his girl anywhere. He sighed as he looked back to the crowd before Dez pointed behind him. He whipped around to see Ally, looking as discombobulated as ever, but still the most beautiful girl in the world.

"Ally." He called. Her head shot up at her name. She smiled slightly as she calmly made her way over to him. He smiled happily as he connected his hand with hers. She blushed as the entire school gasped in shock.

"Ally Dawson, is my girlfriend." He called as he held their hands out for the school to see. The girls threw their books to the ground in anger while the boys cheered, claiming he was the first to land her. He rolled his eyes before motioning for the students to make way for the new music team to get through. An opening was made before Austin led Ally back to the other side of the senior hall. Trish and Dez trailed after them, feeling more superior than they had in their entire lives. They had always been shoved into the background, but now, they were walking in style with Austin and Ally. The four walked back to Ally's locker before the three stopped while Ally gathered her things.

"That was quite the announcement." Ally whispered, a small smile gracing her lips as she pushed her books into her backpack. Austin laughed and nodded as he took a small step forward and leaned against the locker next to Ally's. her face reddened once more at the closeness.

"I want everyone to know what you mean to me." Austin whispered before Ally looked up into his eyes. She smiled, really smiled, for the first time all weekend. Since the last time she had seen Austin on Saturday, really. She shook away the small pang that she still felt from the words that had been thrown at her minutes ago. They would haunt her for the rest of her life if she never knew the truth. But right now, seeing the way Austin was looking at her, she knew what was true and what was said out of spite for the boy. She should have chosen to ignore the comments that had been handed to her on silver platter. Austin would never do that to her. Not after all that they had been through together. Not after they were together.