4. Partners & Challenges

Original Stats:
1.1K Views. 31 Votes.

━━━━━━━━━

Partners & Challenges

━━━━━━━━━

"Ally? Ally? Ally can play piano?" Austin mumbled to himself as he fell back against the now closed roof door. He sighed to himself as he slid down the door and onto the floor. Why was she everywhere? He had barely noticed her since middle school, but now, he had seen her umpteen times, just today. Austin shook his head and ran his finger trough his hair.

She was good. Really good, even. And apparently, she wrote songs. He needed a good songwriter. She had actually written a song that he couldn't get out of his head. No one, even the professionals, has ever had that affect on him. The only question was, how was he going to get her to be his songwriter?

Austin sat in deep thought. He had found his director. He had found his songwriter. He even felt as if his future manager was closer than ever before. The only problem, they all hated him. Not that he didn't feel the same about them. He disliked all of them with a burning passion. But he needed them. And to be honest, they needed him. Ally was good at writing songs, singing, and playing piano, but it didn't exactly seem like she was about it bust out on stage, ready to play her new song.

Dez, was an awesome director. He could film better than any zombie alien movie they had watched as kids. But he had no one to film.

This was his chance. All he had to do was take it, use their talent, then drop them when the time came. He felt deep inside that he would always need Ally, though. He didn't know why, other than the fact that she was the only one able to write songs he loved.

"Austin?" Ally whispered as she opened the door. Austin jumped up and turned to face the teenage songwriter.

"What are you doing up here? This is where the bad boy comes to hang." Austin gloated as he popped the collar of his leather jacket. Ally stood blankly in front of him.

"Well, I was just leaving." Ally answered back simply. She stepped back a bit to open the door a little wider as she walked through. She tried to make her way down the stairs, but Austin stood in her way.

"What?" She asked. She was worried she had upset him. Not that she hadn't done that all day today.

"You can write songs." Austin started. Ally's eyes grew wide as she replayed those words in her head. He had heard her. She knew there was a reason he was right outside the door. He wouldn't have stayed if there wasn't a reason. Bad boys tend to go as they please.

"So?" She hissed. No one had ever heard her play before. Excluding Trish, of course.

"So, I sing. You write songs. You know where this is going, right?" Austin challenged with a smirk. Ally shook her head.

"I'm not writing songs for you."

"Ally-"

"You didn't even know my name until today. And that's only because my pizza ended up on your shirt." Ally countered. She crossed her arms over her chest as she waited for his response.

"Maybe... But that doesn't mean we can't get to know each other... now." Austin tried. Ally rolled her eyes. There was something fishy about this whole thing. Austin had acted as if he hated her this morning. But now, he wanted to be music partners. He wanted her to write him songs to sing. She didn't even know if he could sing for that mater.

"There is no way, I will ever want to know you. You, again, just learned my name today. Your little followers have bullied me since middle school. And you, have bullied Dez since the 8th grade. Why on earth would I want to write music for you?" Ally ranted as she pushed past him. Austin sighed and chased after her. He caught her by her wrist and spun her around as they reached the bottom of the steps.