23. Partners & Parents

Start from the beginning

"Is Austin in there?" She hissed as she tried to push past the two. Dez held up his hand to stop her.

"He actually needs to rest. He can't have any more visitors which is why we were leaving." Dez covered with ease. Ally nodded and plastered a smile to her face as she tried once again to stay calm. She couldn't let her nerves show.

"Oh really? Then why does it say visitors can stay till eleven and if asked specifically by the patient, some can stay all night." Meme countered with an evil smirk as she watched the two teens. Ally felt herself stand up straighter at the mention of specifically asked for people.

"Doesn't it also state that if a patient doesn't want to see anyone then those specifically asked people are supposed to leave?" Ally asked, seeing the same sign Meme had been reciting from. Meme's eyes narrowed down at the small songwriter. She hated it when people challenged her.

"When was it stated that you had all the power?" She asked, the hatred dripping from her voice. Dez smiled as the answer hit him.

"Since she is the only one Ausgin asked to see while he was getting stitches. She's the only one who can stay the night with him." Dez said, adding into the facts already given by the two. Meme took a deep breath as she backed up a bit.

"I'm going to see my son, whether I'm on the list, or not." She stated with confidence before trying to slip past the two once more. Ally sighed as she was about to step aside.

"Actually, you aren't going to see him. I just spoke with Mr. Moon and he asked that you two wouldn't be aloud to see him. The only ones aloud in that room at this time are Ally Dawson, Trish De La Rosa, and Dez Fisher." The nurse read aloud before glancing back up to the parents of the boy in the room, "According to this, Meme and Mike Moon are not aloud in that room at any time over the next day while he is in observation." Meme's face fell as she watched the nurse carefully, trying to tell whether or not she was being serious.

"Really? So his parents can't go in there?" Mike asked, wondering the same as his wife.

"Well he is eighteen, so he has the right to say so." The nurse finished with a small smile before walking back over to the desk. Ally breathed a sigh of relief before Meme and Mile turned back to face the two.

Trish watched as the door closed behind her crush and her best friend. How on earth were Dez and Ally going to handle this? Dez got distracted by everything, including the sound of himself breathing, while Ally was too nice for her own good. That plan was bound for failure somehow. She and Austin had to do something.

"What do we do?" Trish asked as she turned to face the future pop star. Austin shrugged as he glanced from side to side once again, finally seeing what he had been looking for. When the doctor had finished wrapping him up, he had left a small sticky note that held all the information needed if he needed help. He had put extra attention towards Austin since he was the only stab wound victim the hospital had at the moment. Miami could get pretty scary if you stayed out long enough.

"I got it!" Austin cheered as he lunged forward and over to the bedside table that held the phone and the sticky note. He pulled the old phone over to his side before slipping the note over right side up. He scanned over he small hand writing until he reached what he was looking for: the receptionist at the end of the hallway. She could do something!

He pulled the phone off the book and dialed the four digit number before he waited patiently. He glanced over to see Trish was watching him, waiting just as hopefully as he was for the woman to answer the phone. She as their only hope to get rid of his parents.

"What can I help you with?" She asked happily, she almost seemed bored out of her mind to the point where anything was exciting. Austin sighed in relief before answering.