17. Cooking & Cake Batter

Start from the beginning

"Maybe." Austin replied blankly, trying not to let her know that he was pretty upset about it himself. He was actually starting to care about class, thanks to Ally. Ally breathed out a sigh as she turned to see Dez and Trish sending her expecting stares.

"On Monday you are going to class, end of discussion. But we can't meet you on the roof for lunch." Ally relayed, finally pleasing the two next to her. Austin frowned as he thought through Ally's schedule. She had brought him cake the other day, she must be in home economics.

"I will go to class. But can we still have lunch together?" He asked, sounding more needy than he had hoped to. Ally laughed quietly as she shook her head before remembering that Austin couldn't see her.

"I don't think so. We have to finish up an assignment. It may take all lunch." Ally said with a frown. She had wanted to see Austin. Austin smiled slyly before advancing towards the door to the exit roof. Ally wouldn't see this coming.

"Okay, I guess I'll see you during music." Austin mumbled, sounding sad. Ally's frown worsened on her face as the guilt built up inside her. She had no intentions of hurting his feelings.

"Austin, I'm sorry-"

"No need to be. But you could open the door for me." Austin suggested with a smile before cutting their conversation short. Ally slowly turned to see Austin standing on the other side other door. She smiled brightly before walking over swiftly and letting her music partner inside. He smiled and took her hand as she shut the door firmly behind her.

"So, what are we making?" He asked excitedly as he walked over to the others, dropping Ally's hand as Dez sent him a suggestive look. He slipped his leather jacket off and let it sit on top of Ally's backpack that sat next to what could only be her seat in this class. He smiled as he glanced around to the three friends before him.

"Well, we really get to pick what we make. We haven't decided yet." Trish answered simply as she took a seat on the wood stool that sat next to the tall metal work table that held every ingredient known to man. Austin nodded before looking to Ally, thinking she would have a better grasp on what was happening.

"I was thinking we should make chocolate chip cookies." Ally suggested as she walked over to Austin's side. Austin smiled happily as he raced over to the chocolate chips siting on the table.

"I agree." He said with certainty before flipping the bag over and glancing over the needed items before Ally was again at his side, helping him as he did so.

"Shocker." Trish mumbled, forcing a laugh out of Dez. The two high fived as Austin and Ally glanced up at the two, wondering just what was said about them.

"What?" Austin asked, knowing Dez would crack if he asked nicely. Dez's eyes grew wide before he pointed to Trish.

"What? I didn't say anything." Trish defended.

"Yes you did." Austin said with an eyebrow raise as he tried to figure out what was going on between his two friends. He hadn't had the chance to ask Dez yesterday about his relationship with the Latino girl he seemed to be glued to, lately. He had never seen his strange friend so infatuated with anyone before, other than filming of course. It was weird to watch the two, it reminded him of he and Ally in a way. But of course, Ally would never see him the way he saw her.

"I was kidding. But you two can't know." Trish teased as she hopped off the chair to reach for the items she knew went into the delicious treats by heart. She and Ally had made these thousands of times before for bake sales and simply for fun. It was actually the only thing they could make without following the recipe religiously. Ally was always at a loss for sweets at her house, and since Trish had recently made herself a honorary member of the Dawson household, she had thought they would take home economics to become better cooks.