11. Bets & Because

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure there's not any way I can get you to stay up here?" Austin tried again. Ally smiled slightly at the boy's persistence.

"No, I'm going to history. End of story." Ally finished. Austin groaned and threw his head back. He really did hate school. Ally frowned at her newfound friend. He had ditched practically all week, and he was now attempting to get her out of class. It seemed to be a pretty big issue if she did say so herself.

"Okay, if you go to history... I'll do something." Ally rambled. She didn't know exactly what would get the boy to go to class, but if he had something in mind, she was all ears. Austin smiled slyly as he turned down to look at her.

"Something?" Austin asked with an eyebrow raise. Ally rolled her eyes at the bad boy before back-tracking on her offer.

"If you're going to act like that about it, then-"

"No! I was teasing. But I can't think about anything right now. Can I cash in later?" Austin asked hopefully. Ally laughed and nodded.

"Yes, but only if you go to history. Then, we can talk." Ally finished just as the bell rang through the campus. She sighed and hopped off the edge of the roof, landing soundly on her feet before picking up her bag. Austin followed, less enthusiastically, and picked up his things as well. Ally laughed as she looked up to see the boy's glum face. She took his hand in hers and lead him over to the door.

"Do we have to?" Austin whined. Ally nodded sternly as she opened the door.

"I have to. But if you don't want some kind of prize, or whatever you want to call it, you don't have to." Ally bargained. Austin sighed and pushed Ally gently through the door. Ally laughed and landed her left hand on the railing of the stairs, catching herself before falling down the stairs. Austin looked over Ally's shoulder to see Dallas and the others giving him a thumbs up. He rolled his eyes and took on a more serious look. He didn't want everyone getting the wrong idea about he and Ally. Of course, after his plan was done, they would have the right idea, anyway.

"I'll meet you there, I just have to talk with Dallas and the guys for a second." Austin whispered to Ally as they reached the last step. Ally nodded before shuffling down the hallway. Austin watched as the shy girl held her head low through the hall, quietly making her way to history. The whole school had misjudged this girl. She was completely different from what he had heard. Austin shook away the thoughts as he walked forward to a waiting Dallas. He smirked as Austin stopped just in front of the four.

"Austin Moon. I was going to ask where you've been, but I can see that you've been spending some time with the nerd. How is she?" Dallas asked teasingly. Austin held back an eye roll at his "friends". They didn't know a thing.

"Dallas. We aren't like that. One of my teachers assigned her as a tutor for me, because, she's the nerd. She was helping me. That's all." Austin lied smoothly. Dallas laughed as he turned to face the others.

"Oh, I'll bet she was helping you. But it's got to be with more than homework if you know what I mean." Dallas replied with a bright smile. Austin took in a deep breath as he attempted to control himself. He didn't want to listen to this anymore.

"Shut up, Dallas." Austin ordered. Dallas stood back in mock fear.

"And what exactly are you going to do? Hit me? I'm not scared. And you can't just tell me that your playing nice with the nerd for homework. What is actually going on?" Dallas repeated. Austin's head shot up as he heard the warning bell ring. History was all the way down the hall. But Ally never said he couldn't be a minute late.

"You're an ass." Austin hissed before he shoved Dallas in the shoulder and pushed past the stragglers in the hallway. Hopefully Ally wouldn't be too mad at him for this.

"Fine! Run away Moon!" Dallas called so everyone could hear. Austin took in slow breaths as he waltzed into history, ignoring Dallas. He couldn't get into a fight when he had a deal with Ally going. He could really get something out of this. The last bell rang as Austin stepped through the threshold of the history class. Austin glanced around the room until his sight landed on the quiet songwriter waiting patiently for him. She smiled and waved slightly before Austin saw a few others out of the corner of his eye. The other half of his supposed "posey" were actually in class today. He watched closely as his friends continued to motion him towards them. He frowned as Trish and Dez took their respective seats behind Ally. They poked her shoulder, wanting to tell her something. Austin sighed as they saw him.

"Austin!" They called, motioning for him to sit with them. Ally frowned before going back to her book. Austin shook his head and walked over to Ally.

"Hey." Austin tried. He could tell Ally was mad at him for some reason. Ally glanced up for a second. Trish and Dez still sat behind her, glaring dangers at the bad boy.

"Why don't you go sit by your friends, Austin?" Ally suggested barely above a mumble. Austin frowned as he tried to figure it out. They had just had lunch together.

"Why?" He asked warily. Ally closed her eyes as she composed herself.

"Because, I'm just helping you through a couple of classes. You don't need to sit by the nerd. You don't even need to talk with me, anymore. So go sit with them."

━━━━━━━━━

Thanks for reading!

Vote, Comment, or Follow either this profile or Smilie254 when you can!

~Shay