3. Shocking Times & Storming Outs

Start from the beginning

He knew that his mother didn't mean to ignore every night with her business. He knew his father didn't mean to leave on business every other day. Apparently, mattresses are very popular everywhere, but Miami. Austin shook his head, trying to clear everything. He wanted to erase that year of his life. Because now, he was stuck. He was stuck being the bad boy. There was no way out. He did one thing to get their attention back then, he stole. When everyone found out, they dubbed him the bad boy. Everyone feared him suddenly. All the girls hung on his every word, wishing they could be with him. He never understood what was so great about being, and or dating, the bad boy.

Austin slid down the lockers in the corner of the hallway. He couldn't deal with this. He had practically been ditching all day. He knew that with this kind of credibility, he would never get into college. Which, was just another reason to get famous. He hated to admit it, he really did, but he needed Dez. Without him, he was a wasted talent. That, and he needed a songwriter. One that wrote amazing songs that other songwriters were afraid to write. Then, last but not least, he needed a manager. Three people. He needed three others to help him get famous. That's all. That was the key out of this horrid place. After he was famous, everything would fall into place. Austin nodded and stood. All he had to do, was win Dez back. Then everything else would follow.

"Ally, what was that?" Trish wondered aloud as the bell for class rang. Ally shrugged and slummed into her seat. Trying to slide as far down as she could. She could still feel the eyes on her. She hated that feeling. It was like that on stage, as well. She was still shaken up about the encounter with Austin... Make that two. She had never talked with the boy before. She had never even spared him a glance. Their history teacher began to make his way to the front of the classroom, attempting to teach a lesson that would never be learned. Everyone instantly tuned out the teacher and went back to their own conversations.

"Ally." Trish groaned. Ally smiled and rolled her eyes at her best friend. She was very persistent if anything. Ally always wondered why she couldn't keep a job for too long.

"Trish, it was nothing. It was about Dez, actually. But since you don't like him I guess-"

"No! I love Dez! We're like best friends and we've only stopped fighting hours ago. Right Dez?" Trish ranted before she turned to face the starstruck red hair boy behind her.

"Yeah, sure. We're super... close." Dez replied warily. Trish patted him on the shoulder. Dez smiled shyly, almost believing Trish's act for a short time. Trish spun around to face Ally.

"So, tell us." Trish pried. Ally sighed as she let her mind fall back to her conversation with the bad boy.

"He asked if I was friends with Dez, I said yes, then I told him I didn't have to tell him anything. He got mad and walked out." Ally explained. Trish nodded along eagerly while Dez sat back in deep thought.

"Do you think he doesn't want me to have any friends or... Does he want to be friends again?" Dez wondered after a long pause. Ally glanced down at the floor as she wondered along with her two friends.

"I don't know. He sounded pretty upset. It could have been either one." Ally replied. Trish nodded, agreeing with Ally.

"I'm sorry about all of this, Dez." Trish said genuinely. Dez smiled and looked to see Ally staring incredulously back her.

"Are you actually being nice to Dez?" Ally asked, a hit of happiness in her voice. Trish rolled her eyes and nodded.

"I said we would be best friends to get you to tell me about Austin, but I figured I better give the kid a chance." Trish replied. Ally smiled and wrapped her arms around Trish excitedly. Trish sighed and hugged her back. Trish glanced back at Dez for just a second to see he was smiling. A huge smile actually. Trish found herself copying his actions.

Did she like Dez?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Austin hid in the corner as the principle waltzed by. He sighed and leaned his head against the locker as she continued on. He couldn't keep ditching. He glanced over to see his followers must have heard of his actions, they were walking the halls. He rolled his eyes and stepped out from his hiding place. Dallas smiled brightly as he spotted the leader.

"Austin! There you are man. We've been looking for you all day." Dallas greeted. Austin nodded and walked over to them.

"Really? I've been ditching all day. I tried to go into 6th hour but got into trouble with one of the nerds." Austin explained. Dallas' eyebrows furrowed in concentration as he racked his mind for all the possibilities.

"Who was it?" He asked.

"I'm pretty sure her name starts with an A. She hangs out with that Trish girl and now that film geek, Dez." Austin over emphasized his words as he spoke. He knew her name deep down, but he didn't want to make it seem like he knew so much about this girl. She still hadn't left his mind since he saw her in the lunchroom.

"Ally?" Dallas wondered aloud. Austin nodded.

"Yeah. That's the girl." Austin agreed.

"How did you get Ally Dawson to fight back? I've teased her since middle school, and I've never gotten a reaction from the girl." Dallas reasoned. Austin shrugged as he let his mind fall back to the girl in the floral dress that had distracted him for an hour now.

"I don't know." Austin answered as the bell rang. He sighed and stomped away from the others, losing them quickly in the crowd. The last thing he wanted to do was get caught with them in the halls. He stormed around the corner and up the stairs till he hit a secret door that led to the roof. He frowned as he saw the door propped open. He shook his head and decided to see who was up there. No one knew about this place. He had thought he was the only one that ditched and came up here. There was a music room off to the left when you opened the door and a large garden just outside. He closed the door behind him and looked through the music room window. He stared intently as he looked from side to side. He smiled as he saw no one was in there. He hadn't told anyone he was still into music. He loved it. Speaking of which, he was ditching music now.

Just as Austin reached for the door handle, he saw a girl walk away from the shelves, that stored song upon song, and make her way to the piano that sat at the center of the room. Within seconds upon sitting he could hear the glorious tune to a song he had never heard before begin to play through the air. He stood back and watched as the girl's hands moved from side to side. She turned so slightly so Austin was able to get a glimpse of her face. He stiffened as the face registered in his memory.

This girl, was none other than, Ally Dawson.

━━━━━━━━━

Thanks for reading!

Vote, Comment, or Follow either this profile or Smilie254 when you can!

~Shay