1. New Friends & Bad Boys

Start from the beginning

"You're fine, Trish. I did want to hang out. But then the store had to be open so long and I do apologize for leaving. I shouldn't have left like that. I'm never going I make it, anyway. So, why keep writing." Ally replied as Trish threw her own backpack over her shoulder. Trish shook her head as the two girls walked down the stairs and out of the store.

"Ally, no! You're way too talented to stop. You are going to make it one day. So what if that day's not today? You are going to be famous one day." Trish reassured her best friend.

Ally smiled at Trish. That was why they were best friends. They knew what to do in situations like this. They were able to make each other feel better when all else failed.

"Thanks, Trish." Ally said with a smile as she and Trish began the walk to Ally's house. One of the perks of her father constantly leaving on conventions, Ally could have Trish over every night.

"Do you have homework?" Trish wondered aloud as they turned the corner to Ally's street. Ally nodded glumly.

"Yep. You?" Ally asked. Trish shook her head.

"I finished it this afternoon." Trish mumbled. She didn't want to make Ally feel jealous at the fact that she no longer had homework.

"That's cool." Ally said with a sigh. She slipped her keys out of her pocket before sliding the key through the key hole. She turned the knob and waltzed inside with Trish following behind. The two girls made their way to the kitchen where Trish flipped on all the lights. Ally threw her backpack onto the wood table in the dinning room while Trish took out two glasses and filled them with water.

"Don't stay up too late." Trish said sarcastically as she walked away, leaving Ally alone to do her work. Ally smiled to herself.

"Thanks for the support, Trish." Ally mumbled to herself as she turned to page two hundred in her textbook.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Dez, you are completely worthless." Austin yelled at the boy in the hallway. He cowered against his locker as Austin looked to his sides. The students had formed a type of half circle around the two. Austin shrugged and turned back to his latest victim.

Why did this kid even try and talk with him?

Dez looked from side to side, trying to find an escape. He had no idea if he tried to make conversation with his locker neighbor, it would turn out this way. He cringed as Austin stopped just a foot away.

"What did you say to me?" Austin yelled. Dez's eyes grew wide.

What did he say?

"I... I... Well I'm pretty sure you heard me since you're upset but-"

"Stop! Stop talking." Austin boomed through the hall. Dez nodded nervously. Austin took a deep breath as he watched the boy shake from fear of what he may do. He smiled slightly at the sight. Somehow he was able to scare all of the students at school. The boys wanted to be him in a way. The girls wanted to date him. But the nerds and geeks, much like this one, wanted him dead. Not that they would ever say so.

"Don't, ever, say anything like that to me again!" Austin yelled before slamming his fists against the lockers on either side of the boy. Dez jumped before Austin strolled away. The students made a path for him as he continued down the hallway. Austin turned sharply as he saw an exit at the end of the hall. First period could wait till Monday. That boy had gotten him upset. He just wanted to punch something. For some reason, Austin felt he couldn't take out his aggressions on that kid. He looked weak as it was. Why Austin was feeling bad about this, was beyond him. He shook the thoughts away as he stomped of the end of the boardwalk and onto the beach. Marino High was only about five minutes away from the beach. Austin fell against the sand and threw his leather jacket to the side, leaving him in a white v-neck shirt and black jeans. He let his eyes fall closed before he felt that sleep, was the only logical thing to do at a time like this.

Dez breathed a sigh of relief as he watched the bully walk away. He had looked lonely. Dez thought that maybe they could be friends. If this kid was the one Dez had once known so long ago, he was correct. They could be friends. They were once before. Austin Moon and Dez Fisher had, at one time, been inseparable. They would watch zombie alien movies into all hours of the night. They would help each other with difficult tasks. They wanted to be famous, together. Dez had aspirations of being a major director, while his blond partner in crime had wished to be a singer. But not just any singer. He wanted to change the world with his music. He had never been able to write songs, though. Ones that he liked. Ones that touched him. So he gave up. Austin gave up on his one dream that had carried him through life. He then gave up on his friendship with Dez. They quit talking eighth grade year. Dez was then dubbed film geek and was never talked to. Come to present day, senior year, they still haven't talked. Dez had changed. Which would explain Austin's outburst. He didn't recognize him. That was the only logical excuse. Dez let his feet lead him to his first hour class, which held another bully for him. Trish De La Rosa. He hated her. They fought and fought, to no avail. Her friend, Ally, was always nice to him though. In a way, he had always thought they may end up friends, Trish, Ally, and him. He thought there was a chance. But it hasn't happened yet, if it was ever going to. Dez fell blankly into his seat next to Trish and Ally. Ally smiled and waved while Trish sat back, looking mad. Furious even.

"Hey, Dez." Ally greeted from around Trish. Dez smiled and waved back.

"Hey, Ally. Trish." Dez said as politely as he could. Trish sighed and threw her head back. Ally looked over at her best friend sternly.

"Do I have to?" Trish groaned. Ally nodded.

"Yes. Now go." Ally ordered. Dez frowned in confusion before Trish lifted her head and turned to face him full on.

"Dez, would you want to eat lunch with us today?" Trsih mumbled. Dez smiled brightly as he mentally deciphered Trish's words.

"Yes! I would love to!" Dez exclaimed happily. The bell rang loudly through the halls. Students sighed and reached inside their bags for the specified supplies the teachers asked for. Ally, being the person she was, already had a pencil and the certain notebook siting, untouched, on her desk. Trish threw her notebook over her shoulder and onto the desk as she turned back around. Dez scrambled to find the notebook before the teacher had a chance to come in. Luckily, the second their English teacher entered the room, was the second Dez successfully found his supplies. He smiled in triumph before sitting soundly in his desk. He now had people to sit with at lunch.

━━━━━━━━━

Thanks for reading!

Vote, Comment, or Follow either this profile or Smilie254 when you can!

~Shay