| 11, beauty |

the feast was amazing, not to brag. the hunters of my kingdom managed to kill and cook two pigs, leaving us the best pork i have ever eaten. the members of the clans were my impressed, and so was i.

"this is so wonderful," lexa nearly moaned next to me, making me chuckle.

the clans informed me they would be staying overnight so they could discuss trade the next few days, i led them to their rooms. they all wished me a well sleep and went to bed. i lead lexa last.

"um, hey lexa?"

"yeah?" she swallowed, a hint of nerves creeping into her throat.

"may i stay for a while? i don't want to go out there." i smiled nervously.

"of course, come in!" she smiled warmly and gestured to the couch, where i sat.

when i was about to speak, the girl with green eyes interrupted me, "can i ask a question?"

i swallowed, "sure."

"why... don't you hate me? or- act like you hate me?" lexa looked at me with sad eyes. "i lied to you about everything and took everything from you. why do you still care about me?"

"i thought you said there was no room for caring as leader."

"you didn't answer my question, clarke."

"well- i always thought of you as a good friend. you were so comforting, you would make me feel ... happy. even though i knew you only fora while. being with you, it felt so ... therapeutic. there was stress on my heart from all the pressure i was in, but you seemed to take that away. even though you did what you did, it's what you had to. you did what you needed to for your people, and i understand. it still hurts knowing my father is dead, but that was nia, not you."

silence lingered the candle lit room. i could feel lexa's eyes on me as i stared into the flame of the brick of wax in front of me. i turned to the other girl and smiled. she reciprocated my smile. and before i knew it, our arms were around each other, with her face buried into the crook of my neck. we sighed, and it seemed as if our heartbeats matched together. we finally broke away, sharing a smile.

"thank you, clarke."

"you're welcome." i smiled and stood up, and lexa followed. i remembered hearing some of the clan leaders teaching my friends their language, and i remembered two words of respect for the commanders.

"reshop, heda."

"goodnight, ambassador."

as i walked out, lexa spoke, "you know, i didn't lie when i told you that you were beautiful."

i blushed and she smiled. "you are too, lexa."

she smiled and closed the door. i headed off to my room, smiling. i'm glad everything was settled with her; i didn't realize that i needed her.

i put my hands in my pockets, and i felt something in there. i took it out, and there lying in my hands was a dark red rose, with a note attached:

see you tomorrow, princess.
-lexa