Cat

The blind cat was by her when she stood up finally.

A short look on her hands made her freak out. First of all, her hands were smaller, like she was younger. Second, her hands were looking surreal. No, not clear enough. Though she wouldn't admit it, she realized her hands looked animated.

She turned to look at the cat, freakishly realizing he was looking surreal too, and, in fact, everything around her was the same.

"I'm dead," she assured herself, but then realized something; "Oh God, oh dear lord, oh sweet Jesus, I am dead. I'm dead, I'm dead," she tried to breathe, but no air would enter her lungs. Was it possible for humans to forget how to breathe?

Her hand instinctively went to her aching chest, "I'm having a heart attack. I am dead and having a heart attack, fuck, fuck, fuck," she cried, and the cat rubbed against her fingers, though she barely realized his attempt to calm her down.

Was it wrong that what hurts the most was that Benjamin wasn't with her?

"Hana!" a voice called, and she turned to look at the unfamiliar silver haired man. Was he an angel? His hair was defying gravity, so he can't be human. "What are you doing here? The test's over, we're..." he fell silent, single onyx eye watching her, the other hidden by a blue material with a silver palette of a sort, with a strange symbol engraved into it. His anything aside from his eye was hidden by a mask.  "Hey, something happened?"

"I'm dead!" tears started flowing from her eyes freely, and she buried her face in her knees, pulling them as close as possible to her chest. "I didn't want to die, not really! I just wanted to graduate, and be with Benjamin and do something else! I didn't want to die like that! This death, it's... It's nothing like I thought! My heart still hurts!"

"O-oi, Hana, it's okay," he hesitated as he stepped closer. Kakashi Hatake was never the friendliest person, and as years passed, he became less and less so, but he figured that now, if they indeed passed, with all of his team members being orphans or missing a parent, he'd have to take responsibility he wasn't sure he could. He'd have to act like a second parent, which was why he hoped they wouldn't pass.

"I'm dead!" she cried again, wiping snot, and hiding her face. No one but Benjamin has ever seen her cry before, and she had intentions of keeping it like that to her dying day─ Oh, well, guess it's today.

"Y-you're not dead, I just overdid the jutsu," he assured, resting a hand on her shoulder. "Sakura didn't react like that, but... Ah, I don't know. Hey, let's just get back to the rest and carry on─"

"I hated it, but I didn't want to die! I wanted to be happy! I hate this face, please, take it away! Without it I'll be happy, I know! I know I'll be happy, I have to be happy..."

And Kakashi, completely at loss, hugged the blonde girl to his chest, feeling as his Jounin vest slowly soaked. He rubbed her back in silence, listening as she cursed her life and her death.

Was it really just him overdoing his jutsu?

☼☼☼

"Hana, walk with me," he told her as the team disbanded. They passed, though Hana was sitting in the corner, as the other three stood their ground.

Hannah turned to look at him, showing him her puffy blue eyes, that shone as tears still brimmed in them. Her eyelashes seemed defined by the tears, and Kakashi wondered how can someone look beautiful as they cry.

How do you ask a barely-teenager why does she think she's dead? Kakashi wondered, watching as she looked at the ground, following him as he walked, a black cat trailing behind.

Hannah had no idea where she was going, or why did everyone have bizarre hair- whether it was shape, color or both.

"How old are you?" he decided to ask, watching as she sniffled, wiping tears.

"I'll be eighteen in a month."

Frowning, he turned away, masking completely his doubt. "Did you know your parents?"

"Of course I know them," she frowned, picking up the cat and hugging him to herself. Kakashi gave her a sharp look; Hana's parents died the night the Nine-tails attacked, she was barely three months old.

"What do you do in your life?"

"I go to school," she replied, which was the only answer he found that had some sort of logic in it, regarding Hana, "but I am a professional model." Now, that was definitely something possible, but he knew that she wasn't doing anything of that sort. She graduated from the Ninja-Academy a few days earlier, and now they were officialy Genins, the lowest ranking ninja.

She was no model, despite looking like one.

"Do you know who I am?"

"Are you here to fix what the black haired angel did?" she wondered, looking up at him. "He said he'll get me back home."

"No," he frowned again, crouching. She was now towering over him in a few inches, but he wanted to look her in the eyes. "My name is Kakashi Hatake, I am your teacher as of today." She looked at him blankly. "Do you know who the third Hokage is?"

"Hotake?" she repeated in confusion.

"Hokage," he corrected. "Hey, do you have any objection to visiting two friend of mine beore going home?"

Hannah tilted her head to the side, before shrugging.

"Okay."