Three

I landed with a thud beside Mayu's remains. There were tears burning in my eyes, but I didn't have time to cry. (Even if I really wanted to.) I pulled myself into a sitting position. "Who might this be? Another unlucky soul?" I look up see to Morishige. It was disturbing, seeing him poke at her remains. Even worse was that he didn't know it was her. I was left to break the news. "Mori-" Squish! Mayu's guts splattered under his shoe. There was bile in my throat. What the fuck was he doing? "Morishige, stop!" He ignored me, digging his heel into the pile with sickening glee. "Why should I stop? I'm alive; they're not. That will not change regardless. And it's so empty in here, boring." He looked back to me, and there was an air of amusement about him. Was this really the same Morishige? The one who cared so much for Mayu, and who walked her home every day he could??

"I might as well amuse myself."

I found my pleas growinh more and more desperate. Mayu's body had died, but I'd seen enough in this awful place to know the dead still suffered here. It wasn't fair to her! Mayu didn't deserve this!

"That's Mayu, you bastard!" I was screaming, but I couldn't care at that point. "Have you no fucking decency!?"

He was frozen, locked up like a deer staring into headlights. There was a lurch in his joints and a wide, blown look in his eyes. He stared down at the gore, at what was once a girl he adored so deeply. His eyes were dark and flat, not quite blank, but... empty, hollow like something had burrowed in and carved away all of the light and expression and left behind gaping pits of shadow and want.

Her blood had pooled beneath his shoes, staining them and prodding more nausea into my stomach. To my horror and disgust flesh and sinew and organ had stuck to the soles. "M--Mayu?" There was an immediate difference. The air felt thick, suffocating. The thick scent of blood and decay were a macabre finish to the morbid reality.

Morishige stared at the remains, silent. He stepped away, out of the gore. For a moment I thought he was still in shock, or that he was tsking a moment to mourn her passing. Maybe feeling regret for his desecration.

Then, he laughed. He laughed like a maniac and wrapped his arms around me tightly. It hurt. His pupils were blown wide, and while he wasn't laughing any more, the manic grin was no less disturbing.

Morishige tackled me to the floor, attacking my neck, biting down on it. He clawed into my wrists, cackling and bearing that disturbing smile. He'd had a mental break.. and of course he'd turned to me.

There was blood, I felt it dripping from my wrist and my neck. Plenty of innuendos could've been made, if it weren't for his obvious intentions to tear my throat out with his teeth. "Grck-- let go of me!" His laughter was like wasps in ears, stinging and loud and buzzing and why wouldn't it just go away!? The pain flared, and I couldn't hold back a cry when he tore flesh out of my throat.

"Morishige! What the hel- heck are you doing?" I glanced up, and through teary eyes I could barely make out Satoshi and Yuka.

"Go away, Mochida. Can't you see that we're busy?" Morishige sank his teeth back into my neck- he was really going to kill me.

Satoshi, the precious dumbass, jumped to some sort of inappropriate conclusion, and he covered his younger sibling's eyes before guiding her away.. my only help, gone. And I couldn't do anything but lay there and squirm (in vain) for freedom.

"We'll, uh, show ourselves out." I found myself feeling bitter. There was blood practically pouring out of the wound on my neck- a fucking chunk was torn out of it! Satoshi was oblivious, but not blind. He knew. He had to have known. And he just, left me, left me here to die at the hands of a fellow classmate.

That awful laughter tolled in my ears. Morishige was smiling down at me, but there was something, angry, burning in his eyes. The emptiness had been filled with a bitter hatred.