Welcome to the Lante

Humanity Redefined
Chapter : The First Step

Location: Lante Space Station, Fortuna Crew Dorm
Date: Saturday March 17th 2230, 7:15 am Standard Earth Time
------------------------------------------------------------
"This is the scheduled wake up call for the Fortuna Mission crew. It's a beautiful day in space and it's time to get up." I heard the sound of the station's AI as it repeated that message a few times before going quiet.

"Anyone else think this is too early?" One of the twins Chris I believe groaned sitting up.

"It's really not that early." His brother answered. Guess it was clear which was the morning person.

"Hey Sarah look at that." Mikhail snickered pointing to the bunk where one of the other members of the team Ava I believe was still fast asleep with what looked like a HoloDS lying on her face.

"Guess someone's a bit nocturnal and a gamer." I replied walking over to wake her. I walked over and shook her shoulder to wake her before she sprung awake.

"Ah! I'm up, I'm up." She said quickly and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Late night Ava?" I asked as the others were still snickering a bit.

"You could say that." She replied closing the device and getting up as well.

We were in staying in a fairly large room that is usually used for getting space crews used to being around each other. The room itself had a dark blue paint color with gray hard floors. In the room were 6 beds with a footlocker at the foot of each of them. To one side though was a large window that covered the whole wall showing a view of earth.

"Ha you alive over there Soichi?" Chris asked looking to Soichi who looked rather grumpy.

"Don't talk to me before I've had coffee." He answered though that caused another round of laughter.

"There is coffee and breakfast available in the cafeteria Dr. Yui." Michael said over the speakers.

"Come on let's get ready then we can go see what we're doing today." Daniel suggested. We started to get ready but I noticed that Ava was kinda spaced out.

"Hey Ava you ok?" I asked looking over to her.

"Oh yeah sorry just you know not awake yet." She answered getting her things to get ready.

20 minutes later and the six of us were wearing matching ISA T-Shirts and various Clorox of jeans. Were exited out little dorm thing and followed the instructions that Michael gave us to get to the cafeteria.

"I wonder what it's like to live up here all the time?" Chris said as we were sitting down at a table.

"Well I'm sure we'll find out. Or at least something similar. Though I've spent quite a bit of time in space already." I answered.

"Oh right you've been to Mars haven't you?" Daniel added.

"Yeah I spent some time on the base there. It was a neat experience to be on another planet." I explained.

"This is my first time off Earth." Mikhail said rolled by Daniel, Chris and Soichi agreeing. Ava though was silent.

"What about you Ava? Any time spent off Earth?" I asked looking to Ava.

"Uh not a lot. I've been here for about a month though working on some interfacing with the AI we're gonna be working with." She replied.

"That's cool. It should be interesting working with the AI once we get there." Mikhail added.