- CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN -

Começar do início

"Correct."

"Why's that?"

"My identity is unimportant at this time. What you can do and become is of greater importance."

Michael cocked his head and regarded the smoky figure. "Let's just get on with it. Who are you, why am I here and what do you want? Answer me."

The smoke of the banshee figure roiled, folding in on itself. With a brilliant flash of purple light, the shade vanished. In its place hovered the looming figure of a powerful Angel. Ruffling its broad white wings caused the pure white robes of white silk that hung from its defined, powerful shoulders to ripple. A broad golden cincture was tied about his waist and its three tassels dangled below his feet, which did not touch the ground. Kind, gentle eyes of gold matched the flowing curls of the Angel's hair. The eyes spoke to Michael of truth, compassion and responsibility. The calm within the eyes gave off a pervading sense of clarity and serenity.

With a subtle beat of its wings the angel propelled itself forwards. Weaving around the restored pillars of the temple, the Angel said. "I AM Sandalphon and this is my garden. You have left the Source and travelled back into the fog of the spirit. We hover very close to the river of life, but are blessedly separate from it."

"Not possible. I didn't choose to leave the Source. I have choice in all things."

"That's really very interesting Michael. Tell me, is that a personal belief or what you've been told since losing your memories?"

"Trusted friends restored my memory. What I have seen is true."

"You are free to believe what you must." The Angel replied. His eyebrow arched when Michael did not answer. "Floating here as I do, one hears many things. Does that surprise you?"

"Not really." Michael answered.

"I have heard talk about a strong young soul who died and lost his memories. That very same soul is also a regular companion of the once Archangel of Death." Drifting closer, Sandalphon's unblinking eyes bored into Michael. "This soul has been to Hell and back. It threw a Daemon Lord into a wall, no less, while in Dumah's own province. Your exploits have captured my attention.I wanted to ask for your help."

"Help, with what?"

"I want you to help Azrael."

"How so?"

"She is in grave danger and I believe you are the only one who can help." Sandalphon said.

"How could I possibly help her?"

"Don't marginalize yourself because you are a soul. You are capable. It was proven in Gehenna. She must have seen it too. Beyond the love and happiness you give her, now you can save her too."

"How do you know that? Is she in trouble?"

"Michael, you're the last one Shade and his agents will expect to rescue her. They know you were hidden for safety. They hunt Watchers and Outcasts. You could slip into the world undetected." Sandalphon continued, eyes unwavering, unblinking. "Shade is using Dagan to help his endeavours, why shouldn't we use you?"

Michael felt a sudden competitive urge, as though he couldn't let Dagan be involved and unchecked, Michael asked, "What's happened?"

"Azrael goes to recruit a Black Angel's aid. Beside the very real danger of seeking out Adimus, the mysterious Shade knows about her meeting and has laid a trap."