Eleven

He scooped me right back up into his arms and carried me towards the den. The bed sounded amazing but he stopped before we got there. "You're a mess. Can you handle a shower?"

One, yes I was. Two, he had asked. He knew I might freak out and drop he wanted to make sure I was okay. Three, his voice was not quite right. He wasn't angry but he was, ah, he needed time. He needed to be alone. "I can Sir, yes. Will you come get me or can I watch TV?"

He set me upright, the floors cold against my toes. He didn't take his hands off my waist though as if he were afraid I might fall over. Better safe than sorry at this point; I wasn't about to argue. "You may use the living room. I'll be out as soon as I can. You may text me if it's urgent." He lifted the blindfold off my eyes and turned towards the door. "You'll need the key, I'll be right back."

Key? I blinked my eyes about 300,000 times to adjust to the light. I reached towards the bathroom door frame to steady myself and gasped. My cuff. They were MY cuffs! On my wrists! I looked at the other, then blinked and looked again. OH! One hand flew up and covered my mouth in shock and the other I held out as if it would disintegrate if the cuff touched anything but air.

This was what he had meant when he said that I was finally forgiven. Completely. We were moving on. He wanted us back where we were before. It was okay. Everything was okay. He was... I was his again and it was...

"Pet?"

I was crying and probably looked like a disaster so I hid my face behind my hands. I couldn't stop crying though; it was just too much. Yesterday, the Ferris wheel. Today, my cuffs. Him. Me. Everything. God. I sobbed and tilted, his arm guiding me to the floor before I fell on my ass.

"It's nothing to be upset about."

I was upset. Or he was upset? For what? I shook my head 'no', there was nothing wrong. He tugged on my hands gently and I heard the click. "NO!" He was taking them. Why was he taking them? He couldn't give them to me and take them back. It didn't matter if it was just for the scene, he should've used something else. He could've made me rope cuffs if he didn't want me to have them. "No don't!" I sobbed, my eyes too full of tears to grab it back from him. I tried to hide my other arm behind my back. "Mine! Please. No."

"What is wrong with you? Calm yourself. I'm taking them off for you."

"They're mine!"

"Yes they are but you can't take a shower with cuffs on. You may do with them as you wish afterwards."

"Oh." Of course I couldn't. "I get them?" I wasn't sure he could even understand me.

"It doesn't look like you want them and that's okay. I shouldn't have assumed. My mistake."

"WHAT!?! I need a tissue, a..." Something to wipe my face off with and way to blow my clogged up nose. I couldn't see or breathe and I sure as hell couldn't think straight. That was hard for me to do under the best of circumstances. He reappeared with a whole box and I pulled two out. A few absolutely disgusting minutes later I could actually see and breathe again. "I want them Sir." Why the hell would he think I didn't want them?

"Then why were you crying?"

"I..." The entire situation was ridiculous and I laughed. Once I started, I couldn't stop. The two of us were an unmitigated disaster.

"Those were happy tears?" The tone of his voice just made everything worse. He was so fucking confused.  "And now you're laughing?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Do you need any more help to get into the shower?" Oh shit, he needed time. He did not need me laughing like a drunk hyena. I started shivering even though it wasn't all that cold. "Let me run you a bath instead." He handed me a chocolate and then stepped over me to get into the bathroom. "You need to drink a bottle of water."

He picked my cuffs about the floor. "What are you doing with them?" He didn't answer, just opened up the dresser and got out my sweats. He laid those on top of the bed and put my cuffs on top of the pile. "Sir?"

"Yes?" His voice was so weary and strained.

"I'm okay. I'm sorry for being crazy. I'm okay now."

"You're not being crazy, just dropping hard. I don't know if this is the time when I should tell you more or less. I'm tired so I should probably shut up but this is too important for you to misunderstand. I shouldn't have done the cuffs the way I did but honestly I wasn't quite sure. I had this desire to see them on you though. That's not right, I guess I did know. I wanted to but I wasn't sure I could handle it so putting them on you when you couldn't argue or see them was a good step for me to make sure I could actually do it. Does that make sense to you?"

"Yes" I managed to stammer.

"I convinced myself that I could just take them off before you noticed, if I wanted to, but they belong on your wrists. I want you to have them but you threw them in my face once and... you don't have to wear them if you don't want them."

How much effort had it taken for him to give me that speech? "I want them more than I can ever say. Thank you Sir. For the cuffs and the explanation." I managed to get myself up off the floor and he watched as I slipped into the bubble bath.

"You'll bathe and watch TV? You'll text me if you need me."

It was half question and half command. "Yes Sir."