Can't Spell Love Without L [Act 3 - Page 10]

Start from the beginning

“If you stop struggling, then I might release you.” He whispered harshly, his grip tightening against the model, but Misa didn’t stop. A groan escaped and he furiously pulled the syringe from his sleeve and injected the clear liquid on Misa’s arm, pushing the transparent fluid inside her veins. This made the model shriek in utmost pain, her body going stiff and then limping in his arms.

“There, there.” Light kneeled slowly and helped Misa lay down on the floor, the shock of being paralyzed by some unknown medicine brought tears in her eyes. Light swallowed thickly at the sight, but he shook away the compassion that flooded his heart. Now is not the time to be emotional. Besides, he still needs to find the control that will lead to a bigger chaos if pressed accidentally.

"What..."

Light didn't bother to turn around. He knew that the detective is inquiring about what happened to Misa.

"Suxamethonium chloride. It's only for  short term paralysis, but I guess this would work."

He rapidly looked for any push buttons that she might have been hiding, his mind fearing the result if he unintentionally pressed anything that will send the warehouse into flames.

When he found none, he screamed in frustration. L quirked his head, his heart beating faster.

“What’s wrong, Light-kun?”

The brunet spun his head around and looked at him warily.

“There’s a bomb planted in this warehouse and from what I gathered, the control is kept by Misa, but I can’t find anything that might be used to remotely command it to explode.” He quickly explained, his mind once again frantic.

L seemed to think about it first, until he suddenly murmured something that Light couldn’t properly understand.

“What was that?!”

“Her phone! Her phone might contain the program that will direct the explosive!” L spoke loudly, wanting to punch Light in the head for not even thinking about it.

“H-Huh?! Wait!”

Light searched for her phone, smiling like a lunatic when he found it. His fingers fumbled to open it, only to throw it away when he saw the screen displaying a countdown timer.

“One hour and fifteen minutes!”

“What?!”

“Quick! There’s no time to lose!” Light dragged himself up and pulled up Rue who passed out due to blood loss. L exited, assisting Amaryllis the whole as they walk with enough speed down the long staircase. Light was about to follow with Rue supported in his shoulders, but stopped when he saw Misa staring at him with pleading eyes, tears dripping down her cheek and her body still paralyzed.

“I-I’ll be back. I promise!”

He quickly dragged Rue’s body with him, nearly falling down the stairs when he attempted to run away.