P R O L O G U E

A cool breeze broke through the thin fabric of the boy's pajama pants, causing him to groan a little and crack his eyes open. Brushing what felt like gravel off of his cheek, the boy took in his surroundings.

A long road stretched both ways past him, one going up the hill he was seated on, his scuffed up bike in front of him. The boy didn't have a watch but judging by the amount of light, it was a little before sunrise, the golden rays not yet rising above the mountains and trees in the distance.

He sat there for awhile, staring nowhere in particular. It wasn't unusual for him to sleepwalk, or sleep bike rather, in the middle of the night, never having a clear memory of it happening either. His mental state was crumbling, that was clear, but he laughed quietly to himself nonetheless as he stood up.

Songbirds whistled and the wind carried a light aroma of pine needles under his nose. He breathed in slowly and let his eyes wander. Moments of peace like this helped keep him sane, escaping from his "normal" life for a fraction of a second.

As he exhaled the breath he was holding, the boy knew that something was going to change soon.

And it was for the worst.

+++

OKAY HI I AM ACTUALLY SO FUCKING EXCITED FOR THIS BECAUSE DONNIE DARKO IS THE BEST.

I'm not going to go exactly from the movie; I'm removing a few characters and adding a few things but it'll mostly be the same.

No, you don't have to watch the movie to understand everything, I'll explain so don't worry about that.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK SO FAR!

"Do not expect to find The Girl."
-goth virginia.