Chapter 14: Final goodbyes

"Listen Ricky. I'm sorry. I took my feelings to whole other level that I shouldn't have... and that put Chloe at risky, not just physically, but mentally as well. I'm not asking for forgiveness, cause I don't deserve it, but I am asking that you understand I'm sorry. Tell Chloe to get better soon." Maddie walked away with a tear or two running down her cheeks.
She didn't deserve to just walk away with no consequences. She should be punished, not just by her parents, but by the law. She put Chloe's life in danger, but now she gets to go free.
I knew that's what Chloe would've wanted; her to walk free without getting in trouble, because Chloe is always understanding of people's personal issues.
I took my seat next to Chloe's bed and began to think about how I would tell her. Not how I would tell her Maddie is sorry. Not how I would tell her to press charges. Not how I would tell her she can't dance for the next 6 months at least...
No, but instead, how I'll tell her I'm leaving. How I can tell her I'm no good for her. How I'll tell her we can't be together...
I stared at her features, taking them all in one-by-one. Drinking in her each and every flaw and perfection, in hopes of recalling them in the future when I'm no longer with her.
I gripped her still hand carefully, afraid she'd shatter if handled too roughly. Knowing that this was the last time I'd hold her hand, the last time I'd spend hours upon hours beside her, the last time I'd watch her as she slept.
I clenched my teeth and struggled to keep the tears in. The last thing I wanted to do was show my true emotions to her. I had to be strong; I knew she wouldn't be able to.
I must've fallen asleep in the chair, I cursed myself silently for doing so, because I was woken up by Chloe's angelic voice.
"Ricky?" I shot up with wide eyes.
"Hey Chloe..." My lips turned up in a sad smile that didn't reach my eyes.
"How long have I been out?" She whispered.
"About 14 hours." I replied, peering at my watch for reassurance.
"Oh ok." She looked around the plain room before reconnecting with my eyes.
"What is it Ricky?" She asked knowingly.
"I'm leaving Chloe." She simply nodded.
"I knew that. You left some papers on your night stand last week. I guess I know what this means." She whined slightly and began to shake her foot.
I could tell she was struggling to keep her tears in. Her breathing had picked up and the flood gates were threatening to open.
"I'm sorry." I pulled her into a hug as she let go and began to cry.
"I am too." She struggled to talk to me through her sobs.
"We. Cannot be a thing anymore. I can't do long distance. And deep down, you know you can't either." I pushed through with my sting voice, even though I was feeling anything but.
"But-" I cut her off quickly.
"No Chloe. It can't happen." I shook my head and stood up.
"I'm sorry it had to be this way, but you need to continue on with your original life, before all this fame and extra stardom came knocking." I brushed her hair down and placed a kiss on her forehead.
"No Ricky. I want you and everything you have. I don't care about the annoying fans and paps! I want you!" She cried.
"We can't Chloe. We can't." I placed a kiss on her trembling mouth before turning and walking away.
"Ricky stop!" She yelled.
I halted in my place with my head down. I looked back over my shoulder and spoke my last words to her.
"Please don hate me for this. I love you." I couldn't stay any longer and watch as she fell apart.
I quickly exited the hospital and hopped into my waiting ride. The sky seemed much darker and the stars less bright. The heart break I felt was something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
------
My last chapter! Thank you to anyone who has read my stories! And shout out to those who have been here from the beginning! Couldn't have done it without your amazing support!
Sorry if any of you are mad at the ending, but I'd rather this than the actual break up!
Love you guys!