[Prologue:]

[PROLOGUE:] August 9, 2016| "Everything's going to be alright"

          CHOCOLATE, AND CINNAMON, I smell as I enter the house. Breathe in, breathe out. Just smile, just laugh, just speak. Don't let anything get into you. Forget for awhile now, just think about it later, I say to myself. Mom's home early.

"Honey," she calls out from the kitchen," how were you today?"

          I can feel her enthusiasm. Don't destroy it now, Stardust. Don't. Mom's happy. Don't ruin her happiness. Don't say the truth. Just lie. Lie about what you feel. Say, everything was fine. Even though you feel like breaking down, even though you feel like giving up. Just lie, then smile. Smile genuinely.

          I laugh for everything to be fine," thing's were great actually. I loved our science activity. Then i had fun in our math class too." I look up at her, she thinks I'm saying the truth. Good, Stardust. She brings a cup of hot chocolate and pancakes at the dining table.

"Glad to hear." She says and smiles at me then sits down for her to enjoy the meal she did too.

         We both started to eat. I started to think of the events that happened earlier. The break-up. The loss. To lose your only best friend/brother/boyfriend. Well . . .ex- boyfriend. It's okay. You have other friends right? Well no, Stardust. You don't have any friends at all, well you do but, they're internet friends. But, you really don't have  friends. How can things start falling into pieces in just a matter of seconds. It didn't even reach minutes. It was just 7 words, "it's time to look for someone new."

          Then he walked away. Did a three year long relationship mean nothing to him?  I thought we had a bond that was so strong, i though we had strings attached, i thought we were a compound; two elements combined. Although . . .everything was all an,"i thought." An "i thought" that i thought was never there.

"Honey, you're done eating, you've been imaginarily eating pancakes the last 15 seconds, what are you thinking of?"

Wow! What a weirdo Stardust! What a Freak, Stardust! What a freak!

"Nothing important," i say,"i'll go up and rest now." I go up and read the book i was recently reading which was about kart racing where i am quite addicted to.

I lay down my bed, with my penguin slippers, unicorn jogging pants, and a plain white shirt. Looking up, thinking deeply. What is this thing you call, "moving on"?