o. - i.

00 - 01 | PREQUEL

00 - 01 | PREQUEL

AGE 6

A young girl – a princess, to be specific, sat at the end of her bed, her raven hair falling on to her face as she bounced with anticipation. The girl lived for stories, she believed in everything she was ever told, that was a strength but also a weakness. The stories that made her believe the most, were the ones of the land she lived on – her professor told her all the memories about that war of the white witch, she wanted to be like them, to be strong.

"Please tell me another story. Please, mother," Caroline chirped, "One about the four siblings,".

The woman chuckled, "I'm afraid I don't remember that one very well. How about I call for the professor?".

"Would you?" Caroline questioned, "Can you please?".

♞♞♞

"As the four rode their horses, they stumbled across a lamp post – covered in vines and branches. Upon it looking familiar, they decided to continue exploring the area. The branches of the nearby pine trees scraped across their arms as they went further into tree like. The youngest of the four tripped over, her eyes squinting as she absorbed the light that gleamed through cracks hurt her eyes – she turned to her siblings, letting out a small laugh," Professor Cornelius read, "The end,".

Caroline perked up, shouting, "What, that can't be the end. Keep going,".

"I'm afraid that is the end, my dear one. As the kings and queens were never seen after that moment," Professor Cornelius explained.

"Why did they never return?" Caroline asked.

Professor Cornelius sighed, "Because they had to grow up. They decided they had to go home and protect their own land,".

AGE 10

"The death of King Caspian and Queen Isabella comes as a great loss. I send out my deepest regards to their family,"

The princess hadn't known how to handle the death of her parents. And her brother was exactly the same.

They woke up. Ate. Then slept. A few hours of crying inbetween.

It had been days, Caroline couldn't exactly figure out what had gone wrong. Her uncle had told her that they died from natural causes but both her parents were perfectly healthy.

The girl sat by her window, her fragile fingers gliding across the book full of stories that the professor would read to her about the Narnians.

Caroline exhaled, "I need to grow up like the kings and queens did. I need to be strong. No more fairytales,".

No more fairytales. For now.

a/n: this is a small introduction into the story, just to get an idea of Caroline's actions and thoughts and blah blah blah.