.02 Cat and Mou- ...Arouse?

Começar do início

I'm not used to have an important thing with me. 

I don't give necklaces, bracelets, rings and watches to anyone; it's too cliche like Love so I also refuse to receive such items from others.
Lovers want to remember each other through this elegant items, something that's they can carry around anytime but necklaces and bracelets can be broken into pieces, rings can be sold for money and watches signifies that time never stops, like forever never lasts.

Sam suddenly grabs my wrist and examines the bracelet closely. I can tell that she's undeniably surprised in whatever she had found there. The green-eyed brunette stares at me wide- eyed, pure disbelief written on her pretty face.

Silence fell between us before she said..

"YOU'RE BOUND TO ERYN?!"

Hurt registered in her voice like somebody stole her boyfriend away. It took me a while to finally digest what she had said.

And believe me if I told you that I really want to go bungee jumping without the elastic ropes, ride on a roller coaster made of limp materials, go find Sadako in a wishing well and.. being sucked in the Bermuda Triangle, maybe she can't reach me down there at Lilliput.

"Are you sure she's Mr. Stefan's daughter?"

Sam slowly released my wrist and pouted. Geez, that's so adorable; definitely cute. Maybe I can ask her how to do that again sometime.

"Yes, the only Stefan in St. Claire." I slumped at my car in defeat.

Can you spell trouble for me? 

Capital E, R, Y, N.

I'm a very realistic person, I don't believe that love happens from finding a missing pair of shoe,  a kiss that can bring you back from death or sleep, sucking vampires, hairy werewolves, ghosts in a white dress with a pale white face.

Destiny or fate, love at first sight and other overrated things. 

Yeah, I know I sounded bitter.. but medicines are bitter yet they make you feel better than anything else. 

There's no destiny, I must have been at the wrong time, at the wrong place, and act like a total idiot too. Right that's it.

A big sigh escaped my lips.

"Eryn is so lucky-" she said while inching towards me.

What do you expect me to do? Jump around because I'll be spending my entire senior year with that Barbie? I think she breaks a lot of Ken hearts for amusement. 

Geez, how did God let me live a miserable life?

"--and I'm jealous. You can be bound to me instead, and I promise that you will not.... regret it." I shiver at the sound of her voice; thick, enticing and somehow sincere.

She lifted my chin slowly.

How did she manage to be this close in a little amount of time? I must been spacing out the whole time.

"What do you think?" she whispered while eyeing my lips and licking her own.

Why am I always prone to sins? I can feel her warm breath, it's driving me crazy.
And darn those green eyes, I just froze instantly. 

"RHIA!!.. oh-  SAM?!" Hey, it's Adrien's voice! 
What a lifesaver! Sam turned and that's my cue to get out of her reach ASAP.

"Where the hell have you been?! We've been looking around for you Rhia!" Adrien looks tired, probably from running around. Sweat forming on his forehead and he seems catching his breath.

"Just changed my clothes. A weirdo got my jacket wet." I caught Sam smiling but when I raise my brow at her she just replied with a playful smirk. Adrien looked at us clearly confused.

"What's wrong with you two? Nevermind. Come on Rhia, we're playing in two goddamn minutes!" I don't need to be told twice.

And.. I don't want to tell you  how we run from the parking lot to the house slash mansion but I wanna tell you how the Red Sea parted.

I mean the crowd. Looking back, there's no Moses, a hollywood star, nor a boogeyman... it's just well, .. ME.

If stares could melt, I am long dispersed all over the white-tiled floor.

In a certain distance, I see Kevin holding the mic,  his looks are always stunning.

Nick's also there, the black bass guitar fastened around his muscular shoulder. I love his baby face look, totally looked innocent yet it's Nick we're talking about right? Innocent is long gone in his vocabulary.

"She's finally here! Our new drummer, my hottest cousin, Rhia!!" shouted Kevin.

Where's the hole to Wonderland? I can't live a life full of embarrassment. Does he need to broadcast my presence?