Wanting Her Back

Request by AdrenalineJunkie12

Prompt: The Joker tries to get Harley back

It had been ages since you and Harley had time to go on a proper date but tonight you were finally doing it. You were finishing up getting ready when you heard the doorbell go. "Harley! Could you get that?" you called out and hoped that she would hear you.

"Sure thing, puddin!" she shouted back from downstairs. You turned back to the mirror and tried to focus on getting ready. You heard keys in the door followed by the sound of Harley's voice. "Mistah J! What...um...a lovely surprise!" Her voice was shaking slightly, despite her best attempts to be confident when face to face with her ex boyfriend. You froze. The Joker? Why was he here? And why did he have to turn up tonight, of all nights, when you were finally getting to go on a date with Harley? Walking softly out of the bedroom, you stayed upstairs and watched, quietly, what was taking place.

"Harley! Baby! It has been a while!" he said, his usual smile plastered on his lips. "Listen, I know we had that awful fight and it was months ago, but I came to tell you ai changed. I need you back, doll." Harley nervously chewed on her bottom lip.

"J...I thought I told ya...me and (Y/N) are in a relationship now." He sighed in irritation and nodded.

"I know that! But I'm sure you can leave (Y/N) for me, can't you? You know you always come back to me, you need me!" She shook her head, trying her best to be firm.

"Th-The answer's no! P-Please leave!" she said to him. You saw how upset she was getting and started walking down the stairs. Suddenly, he grabbed her and tried to force his lips against hers. "G-Get off me!" Tears had made their way out of her eyes and had started falling down her cheeks as she struggled to fight him off but he was too strong. You quickly ran down the rest of the stairs and shoved him hard.

"She said, get off!" you screamed at him. He staggered back and growled.

"So you're her new little 'puddin' are ya?" he laughed. "Well, she's had lots of 'em! The only person she'll truly ever love is me! I made her!" You could feel your blood boiling with anger and you grabbed him by the collar.

"Harley does love me!" you insisted. He did his signature laugh.

"Keep telling yourself that!" You couldn't contain your anger any longer. You punched him in the face again and again until Harley had to pull you back.

"(Y/N) stop! He isn't worth it! Don't lose control!" she whispered to you. His face was bleeding badly and he glared at you.

"Ohh...you're gonna pay for that!" he snarled. You quickly took your chance and grabbed Harley's gun which was lying nearby and pointed it at him, your finger resting on the trigger.

"Leave and never come back!" you shouted at him. He started to leave but smirked.

"I was just doing this to help you, (Y/N). Soon enough, she'll break your heart when she comes crawling back to me!" He gave an insane laugh and left. Hot tears started to well up in your eyes and you dropped the gun. Harley saw you looking upset and quickly pulled you in for a hug. She wrapped her arms around you, tightly and pressed a gently kiss to your forehead.

"Shh, pumpkin! It's gonna be okay, I love ya to bits, ya know that!" You started to cry.

"But what if he's right? What if you do go back to him?" you sobbed. She stiffened and a serious look came onto her face.

"I'd never go back to him. EVER! And there's no way I'm leavin' ya! Ya got that?" You nodded and she relaxed again. "Come on, now," she said, carefully drying your tears. "Ya don't wanna ruin ya makeup when ya just did it, now do ya?" You shook your head.

"No," you said, quietly. She sighed.

"Please can we still go on our date and just forget the whole thing?" she begged. You nodded.

"Yeah, let's go." You held your arm out to her. She smiled wide and linked her arm through yours. Resting her head against your shoulder, you both walked together.

A/N - Hope you all enjoyed and AdrenalineJunkie12, I hope I did your request well! I'm so tired from exams right now but I'm trying to get more writing done. Leave any requests for future chapters below!