Chapter 9

*A Year Later*

It's been a year since the whole -A incedent. We haven't had a threatening text or email or messege in any way since. Toby and I were happy as can be. Our marriage was great, our relationship was great, and school was going great for both of us. I loved how everything was going. We had the rest of our lives together. Without -A. After so many years of -A harassing us and trying to ruin our lives, we came out on top and better than ever. In some ways -A helped us. I mean, I don't think that I would have ever even went out with toby had -A not been around. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I am thankful or anything for that crazy bitch, but we came out of it and I now have the best husband that a girl can have. That chapter of our lives is over and I am so happy that it is. We are safe and ready to do what we always wanted without having to live in fear of -A screwing our happiness up. Just in time too, because after what I found out today, I could not have -A messing with it. Toby doesn't know yet and I'm heading home right now to tell him. Being an English Major rather than pre-law has freed up so much more time for toby and me to be together. I knew it was the right decision even if my parents didn't agree. I've been writing for an online newspaper so I never have to go into the office, I can do it from home. It pay pretty good so I'm very happy with that seeing as my parents refused to pay for anything other than my tuition after I told them I was not becoming a lawyer. I have two jobs and go to school full time, the writing job and I work at a coffee shop not too far from our apartment. Toby works as much as he can while still being in school. It's hard because construction jobs are during the day and so are his classes but he makes it work and also works at a deli when he can't work construction. Of course all of this is temporary, but it works for now. All of the bills are getting payed and we are happy and that is what is important. I arrive at the apartment before toby with the groceries and start to cook dinner. I was making a creamy chicken Alfredo, one of Toby's favorite, nine too. When it was done, I got out some candles and placed them on the table after setting it. I walked into the bathroom to bush my teeth when toby walked in the door. "Hey babe!" He called. I walked out of the bathroom. "Hey." I said. Walking up to him and giving him a kiss. "hungry?" I asked. "Starving." "Good." He motioned to the candles and dinner. "What's all of this for?" He asked. I smiled. "Well, I have some news." I was happy, but we hadn't exactly planned for my news to happen anytime soon. I wasn't sure how he was going to take it. "What kind of news?" He asked hesitantly. I paused. I was kind of scared to tell him. I didn't want him to have a bad reaction, but he was my Toby and he loved me, so I had to tell him, it wasn't going to go away. I let out a long breath and then spit it out in on long word. "Tobyi'mpregnant." His eyes widened. "You're what?" He asked. I repeated, slower this time. "Toby I'm pregnant." I couldn't gage what he was thinking as he said, "yeah that's what I thought you said." I played with my hands, nervous that he wasn't happy. Worried that he was mad. Then, his lips twitched up into a smile and he picked me up and spun me around. "That is great news." He said. I laughed. I'm glad you thing so Mr. Cavanaugh." "You scared me there for a minute, Mrs. Cavanaugh." I kissed his cheek. He was happy. I was happy. Right then I knew that we were going to be okay. I knew that we were going to live happily ever after. I knew that we'll always be together, forever.

The End