Chapter 1

How Sawyer meets Monty was entirley thesunspear idea, I took no part in creating it, just got permission to use it. Go check them out please!

I was put in a cell, just like the others. Not solitary, no nothing. I assumed my Dad probably had something to do with that, even if I still wasn't allowed a cell mate. I have been sitting around in this cell for about 2 and a half years, waiting to be floated. Thank god I turn 18 in a little over 3 months; no more waiting around.

Suddenly, a crashing could be heard in the cell next to mine. That one had been empty for the duration of my stay and waiting to be filled. I scooted over, pressing my ear against the vent that led to the other cell.

"DAMMIT MONTY!" A high pitched voice screamed from outside and I winced at the loudness.

"No! At least let Jasper be my cell mate, please!" A voice could be heard begging. Lots more shuffling. Eventually, a door slammed shut and I figured they had been locked in. I heard a sigh and someone lowering themselves onto the ground.

"Tough day, huh." I spoke a moment after the noise had settled down.

"Ha. Yeah." He replied almost normally but then did a double take after responding. More shuffling occured and his voice seemed closer now.

"Wait. Who are you? How - how did you- oh nevermind. Looks like I might actually have a sort of cell mate now." He spoke quickly in suprise and I easily picked up that he was smart and soft spoken. Wonder what he did to be screamed at.

"My name is Sawyer, uh, Kane. What's yours? I mean, assuming this is a formal way to begin a conversation, right?" I believed he would immeadiatley end the conversation hearing my surname, but a chuckle made it's way down the vent.

"Monty, Monty Green. Now, I need to know, how in the hell did Kane's daughter end up in a cell?" He sarcastically spoke. I breathed a sigh of relief and explained what happened, forgetting about the mother portion. After I was done explaining, I heard him take in a breath of suprise, realising the rebellion I had forged against my father.

"Now that, if I do say so myself, is completley badass and I would like to formally thank you." I found myself blushing and smiling like a maniac.

From then on, for about 2 months, me and Monty would always talk, sometimes all day, even about things like screwdrivers or what it would be like to see trees. He took my mind off of Clarke and Wells and what had happened to me mother. We had common interests and I was glad we actually had something in common; mechanics and engineering. He eventually told me what he did to land himself in a cell and who Jasper was. I was glad I had someone to talk to, even if I had never even met them in person. His neverending motto to me was always- "How in the heck does Marcus Kane's daughter like mechanics?!" Which was always followed by a giggle from me. I may even actually have a small, teensy weesie crush on the kid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our conversation was interrupted one day by the loud sounds of guard boots hitting the floor. God, how I hate that sound. I jumped and pressed my back to the wall of the cell.

"Hold out your arms and surrender." The guard in front commanded, holding up something that looked like a braclet with spikes.

"No, no, you can't float me yet, I'm still 17!" I cried as they viciously tugged my wrist towards them and shut the band around it, the spikes entering my flesh. I squealed at the unexpected pinch of pain.

"Sawyer?! What's going on?!" Monty called urgently throught the vent, obvously hearing my screams.

"Monty!" I screamed in fear as the guards literally picked me up and carried me out of the room. When we were out, lots of commotion was going on throughout the whole prison. People were being shot with tranquilizers to keep them controlled and others were being carried, screaming that they couldn't be floated yet. Were they floating all of us as a sort of mass population control for oxygen? I saw other guards throw open the door to Monty's cell and shove themselves inside.

"Dad!" I saw him walking down the hall towards where the guards were carrying me. When he finally reached me, he sweeped me up into a hug muttering something about the ground, before everything went black.

{Not edited}