Chapter 1 //

Let me introduce myself!

I’m Lennon Quinn but please call me lola, from Manchester, UK. I have long blonde hair, bright green eyes and i’m 5 foot 7 inches. Today is my first day at college doing a music course and i’m so excited, music is my passion. You’ll learn more throughout the story, so here we go J

~ ~ ~

I rolled over in bed, opened my eyes, only to be met with the darkness of my bedroom. What time is it? I thought to myself. Looking over at my clock I noticed it was only 4:35 am, meaning I didn’t have to be up for another hour and a half. Great.

Today is my first day at college and I’m really excited. I’m just going to be attending my local college for ease but I hope to go onto bigger things as I progress. To make it all better, my best friend Rebecca will be attending with me!

Taking advantage of my early start I decided to get up and have a nice long shower. I may as well make as much effort as I can on my first day, who knows, there might be some cute boys to impress!

I stripped down and stepped into the shower. With it being September it wasn’t cold but I do enjoy hot showers. I scrubbed my hair with my favourite strawberry shampoo and washed my body with the matching body wash. If you can’t tell already, I love strawberries. Cliché for a girl of 18, right? I decided to shave my legs while I was in the shower because I wanted to wear shorts today. Once I got out of the shower I wrapped myself in a large fluffy cream towel, same with my hair, and padded back to my bedroom. I changed into a fresh pair of pyjamas so I could be comfortable while getting ready.

To begin with, I applied a layer of foundation to my skin to cover the obvious imperfections then applied powder over the top to set the make-up. I then began my eyeliner which was a pin-up style and winged at the sides. Then for the finishing touches I applied a thick layer of mascara and some dark red lip stick to my full lips. I blow dried my long hair until it was straight, then curled the ends with my straightener. Now that my make-up and hair was done I decided to go and get some breakfast, just an apple, nothing major. While slowly chewing on my apple I watched some TV for a while, trying to pass time. Once it hit 7am I decided to go and get dressed. Going to my wardrobe I pulled out black denim shorts, a crop top with flowers on the front, my bowler hat and my ankle boots with some frilly socks, Then to finish the look I put on my elephant necklace and some bracelets and rings.

Looking at the clock I noticed it was almost 7:30 which meant my best friend Rebecca would be coming to get me soon. We’ve been friends for as long as I can remember and I don’t know what i’d do without her. Bringing me out of my day dream, as if on cue, there was a loud knocking on my apartment door. I quickly went to open it and on the other side was my best friend smiling back at me. “Hey come in! I’ve missed you!” I said as I pulled her into a tight hug. “I’ve missed you too!” she screamed down my ear, almost deafening me. I told her I would be back in a minute and went to grab my bag and phone, I can’t have a journey without my music! I ran back into the living room and grabbed Rebecca’s hand, dragging her out of my apartment and into the morning air. I hope today is a good day, I wonder what my teachers will be like.

~~~

Okay, so no Matt yet, I know. But there will be in the next Chapter.

Please if you don’t think this is worth writing tell me before I continue?

~ Lola ~