Questions

Kerri sat at one end of the counter watching Damien look at the lunch that she had placed in front of him. Damien poked at the eggs until the yoke broke and spilled onto the plate, he winkled his nose and Kerri laughed.

"Don't tell me that you've never had sunny side up eggs before" Kerri laughed and Damien looked up at her, his emotions raged. Confusion and regret, Damien watched as Kerri cocked her head to the left side and eased off her chair.

"Before I answer that I want to apologize I didn't eat eggs before the hikers found me in the fore-" Damien's voice lost its sound as he started to remember his past. Damien watched Kerri run to his side,

"Damien don't fight it"

'I have to get her out of that hell, I can't let her die, I can't let Lynaya die' trees flashing by his head and the feeling of his feet hitting the ground then pavement. Damien saw a door flung open, seeing her body, beaten and broken lying on a steel table, sensing rouge vampires. Then his brain went into fast forwarding mood, moving rapidly through the images of what happened, him feeling pain in the back of his head. Of him smashing threw trees, seeing his blood dying the snow red. Then images from his past started to flash threw his head, some of the vampire wars, some with his family, then everything started to flash all at the same time. Damien yelled out as pain sliced through the middle of his skull and he felt himself fall off the stool.

Kerri barely had time to catch his head before he smashed it into the tile,

"Damien talk to me, come on, come to and tell me what's going on, I can't help you if you don't open your eyes"

okay that was a lie,

"Open your eyes" Kerri said and Damien didn't respond, Kerri gently grabbed each side of Damien's head and placed her forehead to his. She had no clue if the sudden memory return damaged his brain. Not without the proper equipment.

"Damn it! Open. Your. Eyes!" Kerri punctuated the words, her voice cracking before she started to cry, she had never cried for a man like this, except for her Grandfather when he died of a brain tumor after she had received her doctorate.

Now she cried in fear of losing Damien, in the fifteen weeks that she had known him, he had become someone that she loved. She had fallen for him when she saw him on the stretcher in the hospital ER bleeding from wounds on his back and from a nasty gunshot to the head. He had become her first priority the moment she saw him at the brink of dying, she wouldn't lose him now.

"Damien, please open your eyes, please let me see your eyes" Kerri sobbed as she cradled his head in her lap. Kerri sat like that for what seemed like hours until her beeper went off, Kerri looked at the number that flashed across the tiny screen. It was the hospital trying to figure out why she hadn't come to work, Kerri sighed and gently got up from the floor and walked to her cell phone. On the third ring Nate answered;

"Hello?"

"Nate its Kerri-," Kerri rolled her eyes as she listened to Nate ramble.

"I know I'm sorry but I had to take care of Damien. The guy that you rolled into the ER fifteen weeks ago, -" Kerri flung the arm that she wasn't using in the air.

"Yeah, I need you to come to my house to help me get him to the guest house. He remembered everything just barely and he yelled in pain then passed out in my kitchen, thank you." Kerri hung up and returned to Damien, she sat on the floor next him,

"Damien" Kerri said as she ran her hands threw his hair, she was surprised at how soft it was. How was everything perfect when it came to him? He had no flaws that Kerri could see.